Favorite Holiday Flicks

2»

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    The Christmas story by far for me, simple modern day classic. In fact, after dinner here Im gonna grab the kids and go play it in the theater.

So I threw it in the Toshiba A30 last night and watched it on the 133" screen and man... that has to be the worst recorded DVD I have ever seen (it wasnt even in 16:9). It was absolutely horrible. It looks like they pretty much took a VHS tape and recorded it to a home computer and rendered it. The picture the entire move has what I would call "rolling heat waves" in it. That crazy effect you get when its a cold day and have a lot of heat coming off something into the air. Kids didn’t care, they loved it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    So I threw it in the Toshiba A30 last night and watched it on the 133" screen and man... that has to be the worst recorded DVD I have ever seen (it wasnt even in 16:9). It was absolutely horrible. It looks like they pretty much took a VHS tape and recorded it to a home computer and rendered it. The picture the entire move has what I would call "rolling heat waves" in it. That crazy effect you get when its a cold day and have a lot of heat coming off something into the air. Kids didn’t care, they loved it.

You can pick up the HD DVD version for around $20, its not reference by any means but still looks pretty good.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display