Lease your gear...

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    I don't know, how about if they had a three month plan. You lease it for three months you get some quality time with the piece of gear then after the third month, you call them and tell them to come pick it up. That would be worth $1.2K for three months to hear a $25k pair of speakers that long in my own environment.

Absolutely! I would consider paying $1.2K to listen to the Avantgarde speakers I want for 3 months in my own room. Think of the $$ you save if you decide you don't want to keep them. Of course the other option is to buy used, play as long as you like then re-sell. That can tie up a lot of cash though.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Absolutely! Think of the $$ you save if you decide you don't want to keep them.
    That right there would justify the cost to me. I'd hate to have to fork out retail to find out I didn't like something to do it all over again in two weeks. Been there, done that.

Um...well, uh...not with 10,000.00+ pieces of gear though. However, for normal folk, something like this could be an option depending on how long you can actually lease the gear for. To lease it for a year and find out on day two that you can't stand it would suck big time.

If only they had a showroom SOMEWHERE in the good ol' USofA that you could get a listen on and decide after an audition whether or not you would want to try a particular model out in your own special dwelling. THAT would be the bomb! Think how much dough you'd save on just the shipping aspect? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~