A 14 win week against the spread??

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ninerbj might actually pull it off!! Man, I am impressed; that's tough to do without the spread, much less with it.

Now if I can just get Russ to miss another week....

The last 3 weeks of the season should be a tight race for those of us still participating in the pick em league.

As for my Dolphins? ugh.....I guess we need to go ahead and get the welcome wagon ready for McFadden...
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    Damn, McFaddens gonna go to Miami??? Ugh....
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    I hear he could easily end up in New England especially since Miami is going to want a QB.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    The phins would be moronic to pick up a RB if Ronnie Brown has any shot at returning to form. Even if he doesn't, a QB is a much better investment.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    The commish ain't missing another week. Count on it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2007
    a 14 win week looks like FIRESHOES, not me. WAY TO GO MAN!! IMPRESSIVE!!
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2007
    Run DMC better not sign with the Pats.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • jflail2
    edited December 2007
    Yea, my mistake fireshoes, credit where credit's due. Niner and I were trading pm's earlier and for some reason I attributed it to him.

Honestly, I think the Fins would do best to trade down. I don't see a QB worth scrambling for in this year's draft, and they definitely need more than just 1 or 2 players. Honestly, a LB and a CB would be nice. And an offensive line. And a QB. And a #1 WR............

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    The Dolphins would make a huge mistake signing McFadden. jdhiggs is right, they need a QB desperately. That team has no leader, no direction. There is nothing holding it together.

If McFadden goes to Miami, he's going to waste away. He'll be another Brian Westbrook. The fact that he has been able to piece together a season for himself that he has is a testament to his talent because his O-line is obviously not getting the job done for him. He's gonna be one of the best 'backs to be forgotten about in the game because he can't get away from the Eagles. It's shame. I'd love to see what he does on a team with a good offense like Green Bay who has a decent back but would be '07 Patriots level with a 'back like Westbrook.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • jflail2
    edited December 2007
    I hear it Jstas, completely agree there. But I don't think taking a QB #1 (based on this year's draft class) would be any better for them. They need to trade down and start the dreaded rebuild. Zach is old and concussed, Taylor has lost a step (you could see it from the 1st game of the season) and Porter is looking more and more like a mouthy never was (at least in teal.) Their secondary gets torched every week. They are honestly hurting on both sides of the ball at this point.

John Beck is definitely not the answer, but who is? Honestly, I was disappointed that the Fins didn't pursue Matt Schaub at all. I think he'd have been as good a gamble as any when looking at the "unproven" QB's in the league right now.

Maybe I'm underrating every QB in the draft, but none of them look to be worthy of a #1 draft pick, at least to me.

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I hear he could easily end up in New England especially since Miami is going to want a QB.

No chance in hell the Pats keep that high first round pick, even for a (potentially) great player like McFadden. Too much money for those early picks for the Pats "system". I'd bet good money on a trade.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Putting all your fears to rest: The Pats DON'T HAVE a 1st rd. pick.
    They DID until the commish caught Billy boy looking at someone else's test paper.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote: »
    Putting all your fears to rest: The Pats DON'T HAVE a 1st rd. pick.
    They DID until the commish caught Billy boy looking at someone else's test paper.

Incorrect, they have San Fransisco's first round pick. THey lost their own, but San Frans is going to be much more valuable (probably a top 5).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • obieone
    edited December 2007
    ^^^^My bad!
  • obieone
    edited December 2007
    Personally, I think the Pats will trade the pick for an above average player wallowing in a mediocre system.
    Of course if I had a clue what Billyboy was thinking, I'd be making ALOT more $ in the NFL ;-)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2007
    Lucky guesses, lucky guesses... ;)