For all the guitar guys ..... a must see!

carpenter
carpenter Posts: 362
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
This one is exceedingly cool. (yup, I actually wrote exceedingly ;))
Kudos Gibson! (again, yup. Kudos :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WetVXbYRfWk
"If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
Post edited by carpenter on

Comments

• Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2007
    That is really interesting, wondering about the price and longevity though.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • carpenter
    edited December 2007
    Poee7R wrote: »
    That is really interesting, wondering about the price

Gibson MSRP 2.5k :(
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2007
    Actually not as bad as i thought it would be.Its a Gibson so its gonna be a bit hefty. I wonder which demographic they're targetting. Most people that would spend 2k+ on a guitar can tune one. :confused:

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • carpenter
    edited December 2007
    Poee7R wrote: »
    I wonder which demographic they're targetting.

lazy **** like myself :D

seriously, IMO, for a working Guitarist, while on stage, the ability to press a control and in two seconds the instrument is auto tuned, is a major advantage.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    Wow, that's pretty insane!! :eek:
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    That's some interesting technology, but beyond that I don't see any usefulness. A really good Chromatic tuner is $20....So if it's at this price just for the tuning I would say it's not at all worth it. I'd rather put that much change towards a Les Paul Custom.
  • carpenter
    edited December 2007
    According to the specs you're getting Les Paul custom level hardware (Mahogany and maple, pick ups .... etc.).
    Besides I'm pretty sure the system could be mounted on any Les Paul (or any Guitar ...?).