Ocean's 13- Blu-ray disc

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Up for grabs.....one unopened, unviewed copy of Ocean's 13.

It was given to me and I don't have a Blu-ray player.

No rules.....just state that you are in...and share a favorite Christmas memory or silly tradition. Something festive!

I'll draw the winner probably Friday.

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    I'll go in for that :D

Nothing could be a better memory for myself then my wife going into labor on Christmas day back in 1985...so foggy here you couldnt see 2 feet in front of you...my father in law driving us to the hospital...a fairly short labor for her ( Thank God...it was her first and turned out to be our only 1) ...and the birth of my daughter. Havent topped that one in 22 years :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited December 2007
    I'm in to please,

The only real Holiday tradition I have is eating until my big **** can't move or breath anymore, which ever comes first, and watching a Christmas Story a dozen times, that does that count for a tradition?
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited December 2007
    In please. Hoping santa gives me a PS3 this year, and this would be a nice addition.

Let's see. . . my sister was born on 12/25/1985, so we pretty much have to cram all the XMas stuff in on Christmas Eve and the morning of. That way, we can move on to her birthday by the night of. Kind of a cluster, but it works for us. . . at least it did until my mom committed suicide in 1994

Just kidding. . . it's one of my favorite lines from Best in Show!!! Barb is still alive and well.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    One of my fondest memories is when I moved to Tulsa, OK back in August 1990, my roommate/coworker/friend and I were heading back to Arkansas (where we were from) for Christmas. We left on December 23rd around 4pm and the weather was cold, but decent, when we left Tulsa. By the time we got to Fort Smith, AR, the snow/sleet was starting to fall harder and it had only been lightly coming down since we left. Well, about a half hour later, we came over a hill and hit a patch of black ice and, after what seemed like a dozen 360's, we took out mile marker 33 on I40 and were way down off the freeway close to the fence. Ironic enough, the car in front of me plus 5 cars behind me apparently hit the same patch and were all in the ditch. Fortunately, no one in any of the cars were hurt but we were all stuck there for about 3 hours waiting for the tow truck. I think he and I were 4th in line to get pulled from the ditch about 50 feet off the freeway. Oh, did I mention I was driving a 1985 Trans Am? Yeah...a great snow and Ice car.

Well, at 10pm or so, we were on the way again slowly as the snow had started to gather momentum. From where we were, it should have only been about 1.5 hours to Conway where we would meet his parents and he would go on to Little Rock and me to Searcy. That part of the drive took 5 hours instead because of the blizzard. We never drove more than 20 miles an hour I think. Now it's 3am and I still have a (usually) 45 minute drive to Searcy. Nope. That took another 2.5 hours but, luckily, I got to follow the snow plow truck on that 33 mile 2 lane highway to I-167 to catch the last 15 minutes home.

It's now 5:30am when I pull into the driveway at my grandparents house where they have been up all night waiting on me. Never went to sleep. Remember, this is 1990 and cell phones are expensive as hell still. The Arkansas State Trooper was kind enough to call the dispatch offices in the cities everyone was from to tell our families we were all ok and were en route at that time. The typical trip time would be 4.5 hours. This one took 13.5 hours.

That makes for my fondest memory because it was one of the last few I had with my grandparents both being alive and together. Every year after that, we would joke about it but it always made me tear up just knowing these 2 people that raised me would (and did) do anything in the world for me no matter what the situation. It still tears me up every year (like right now writing this) because both have been gone for 10.5 years (grandfather) and 14 years (grandmother). They meant the world to me and nothing can replace that...

Sorry for the long post...
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Let's see. . . my sister was born on 12/25/1985,

No kidding...damn even the same year as my daughter...basically minutes to hours apart. We used to give her a bday party around the 2nd week in Dec so she wouldnt feel cheated and combined with Christmas...make it a separate event all together....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    In please sir; Apocalypto (my only current BR title) is getting lonely.

My favorite Christmas' were when we were stationed in England when I was a kid. More than once we had a white Christmas, complete with fresh snow cream, sledding the whole 9 yards. We had an English Cocker Spaniel at the time, and she'd sled like a champ as well :)

Good memories...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited December 2007
    I'm in - and a brief story of grandma...

Grandma had been drinkin' too much eggnog, and we'd begged her not to go.
    But she'd left her medication, so she stumbled out the door into the snow.

So they found her Christmas mornin', at the scene of the attack. There were hoof prints on her forehead, and incriminating claw marks on her back.

We were devastated to learn that Grandma had been run over by a reindeer, walking home from our house on Christmas Eve. I know what you’re thinking, you can say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and Grandpa, we believe.

Love ya Grandma
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    In please.

My 3 year old niece was showing me her Christmas tree when her 2 year old brother ran up to join. She clotheslined him.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2007
    In please...thank you!
    My best Christmas memory was when I was 8 years old (26 years ago). My parents didn't have much money for gifts. I remember going downstairs Christmas morning and seeing a house and front porch filled with gifts courtesy of Grandma (rest in peace). It was a great time for family and material goods fulfillment.
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    And the winner IS!

avguytx!!

Congrats!!

PM me your mailing addy and I'll get this moving ASAP.

Thanks,

BDT
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    I`m in...!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    I`m out !
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• beardog03
    edited December 2007
    Congrats Avguytx !
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• TroyD
    edited December 2007
    Sorry man!!

BDT
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    J/K...I don`t have a blue player...!!
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s