my 10,000 post and item up for trade

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
For trade only. As you all might know I ended up with the Polk Audio SurroundBar from a recent karma offered by Polk. With this post I’ve reached a milestone of 10,000 posts.
9,998 of which have been mostly BS, LOL! It’s all good though… it’s been fun, learning and making buds along the way. It doesn’t get any better than hanging out with friends in a place like this.

Ok, so I’ll get right to it. I don’t have the need for the SurroundBar at all. After winning it, I had all intentions of using it in my spare bedroom. Well, I already have a decent set up in there. So I would like to trade someone who wants the SurroundBar for something I can use in my two channel SDA 2B rig.

What you say? Things I can use would be a pre amp, a decent sounding CD player, or even a headphone amp. With that said, if anyone wants to trade their item of equal value for the SurroundBar, I’d be interested in knowing more. I don’t want to sell it out right, I’d rather someone who always wanted a SurroundBar and has an item I’m looking for to do a direct swap.

Your item should be of similar value. Please don’t offer me a GPX boom box or something that I have no interest in. But if you got a decent sounding CD player that isn’t dated from 1984 (I have ton’s of these already), or a halfway decent sounding pre amp or headphone amp (I’ve never owned one of these), I’ll entertain all offers…. And decide on which one would suit my system the best.

The Polk Audio SurroundBar is used, keep that in mind. Comes with all the accessories you’d find if you bought this used anywhere. It’s in better condition than you would think. Nearly new looking for having traveled thousands of miles back and forth across the country. :) It comes in an original Polk surroundBar box too.

I’ll leave this up for a week, and then go from there. If no interest in the SurroundBar then I’ll keep it. Thanks for looking.

AL the pal
10,000-post club
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Way to go DB!:D

Does this mean that you talk too much? :p :rolleyes:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Way cool DB!

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited December 2007
    Will you take 20 APEX DVD Players?

:)

JK, cool idea man
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I have a preamp I can trade you but you gotta pay an extra thousand!!! Kidding!

Good job keeping the Surroundbar in the family Al!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Congrats on your milestone Al!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Al, welcome to the big mouth club. Ain't it kool!?! :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    Need a yamaha C-85 and a crappy dennon cd player? (also have SDA 1b's (very rough shape) and Monitor 10's series II (pretty good shape acutally)).

Shipping may be an issue though. :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited December 2007
    What's wrong with the gpx boombox?
    All you need to do is to upgrade the tweeters and the power cable.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited December 2007
    How about an Onkyo DV-CP500? Excellent sounding piece IMO.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • danger boy
    edited December 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    How about an Onkyo DV-CP500? Excellent sounding piece IMO.

thanks, but I don't need another DVD player. ;)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited December 2007
    How about some big ol VMPS speakers?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • danger boy
    edited December 2007
    How about some big ol VMPS speakers?

thanks but no thanks.. but if you wanted to swap the SurroundBar for that Shanling CDP... ;):p
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    Way to go Al. I would love to have the surround bar. I have nothing to offer in trade though :(
  • danger boy
    edited December 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Way to go Al. I would love to have the surround bar. I have nothing to offer in trade though :(

thanks.. and I know it's a long shot asking for a deal like this. but I thought i'd try this first before deciding do try another avenue.
  • danger boy
    edited December 2007
    Closed

Sorry, SurroundBar no longer available.

Happy Holidays to all