Sex-cars-law-SC Oh boy.........

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,982
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
So my wife was talking to her sis' tonight and was informed that in the state of SC, if you have sex of any kind in your car depending on the cops mood, he/she has the right to issue you a warning or a ticket. If you get a ticket, apparently both parties must register as a sexual offender. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Even if both parties were consensual, married or whatnot. Doesn't matter. This information was relayed to my wife's sis' by a SC police officer.

I understand the ticket, but both parties having to register as a sexual offender??? Doesn't that push the envelope a little bit toward unreasonably cruel treatment / punishment for the crime committed?

Mods; if this is inappropriate for this forum, please don't hesitate to remove the thread [as if you need my permission :rolleyes: ]. I will not be offended in the slightest. I was just wondering what the general thoughts would be to this. Thanks.
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    cops usually don`t get any...

The ones that do , won`t give you a ticket

so I hear !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    beardog03 wrote: »
    cops usually don`t get any...

The ones that do , won`t give you a ticket

so I hear !

:D:D:D:D:eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Exactly why you need to be careful when you immediately vilify people who are "sex offenders". They like to slap that label on a lot of stupid "crimes".
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2007
    dumb law... very dumb law.

Most cops will watch from the outside, wish they were getting some, then tell them to break it up and get a room. :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• treitz3
    edited December 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Exactly why you need to be careful when you immediately vilify people who are "sex offenders". They like to slap that label on a lot of stupid "crimes".
    Well, that's what got me wondering. If the state can make a law and the repercussions to it so severe, where else are they going to be able to put that label on regular folk and not the true sex offenders.

I mean, not that I would do, or have ever had sex in a car :rolleyes: before, but if I did.....yeah.......if I did, wouldn't that be part of a normal, healthy relationship? Provided, of course you weren't parked in a K-Mart parking lot or some ****.

So much for the BJ "treat" as you are driving down the road [or much safer parked....not that I know or anything :D ], or coping a feel of your GF when you are 15 [yeah, I know it's not right, but it's today's reality]. If registering as a sexual offender was the punishment for gettin' frisky in the car, then if everybody had actually been busted [you too], then I'd have many of my friends [and many of you] on the list of sexual offenders. That's IMO just not right.

Priorities are in the wrong place for SC law concerning this one.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    The question is WHY & WHO put the piece of legislation up for a vote. It seems too rediculous for even the most left or right wing legislator to even consider.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    Worst feeling of my life is when Mr. Policeman tapped on my window with his flash-light and asked my half-nakey girlfriend if she was alright.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I guess he got a good look at your plumbing!!!:eek::D
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    The question is WHY & WHO put the piece of legislation up for a vote.
    Someone who obviously wasn't getting any...:rolleyes:
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited December 2007
    Back in my younger day growing up in Spartanburg had that law been in the books....oh well I'd better call my little brother, he still lives there.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    The new scarlet letters (SO). So, for what is considered normal and healthy by most, you can have your life destroyed. . . depending on a cops mood. That's smart.
    Prosecutor: "We can prosecute you to the full extent, and make you register, but if you plead guilty to a misdemeanor, sign these documents and take 3 years of probation at 100$ a month, we won't."
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    How could this be, you ask? See my sig below.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Jesse drove the original version of the Bang Bus.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    If y'all think THAT'S stupid, theres also a law down here that if your caught wizzing outside, REGARDLESS of anyone seeing you, you have to register as a sex offender.
    They're going 180* in the opposite direction of states like MA, CO, VT, CA, etc. who are way too lenient on ACTUAL sex offenders.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007

Well that explains a few things ;):D
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Post numero 13...LOVE it!! [until the sig changes at least :D ]
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2007
    There wasn't a Van out there in the 60's that didn't have the "If the Van is a Rockin' Don't come a Knockin' " bumper sticker on it. ;)
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    That brings to mind...

Grass, Gas or A$$ no one rides for free!

I haven't seen that in years.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2007
    Or the ole "Don't laugh---your daughter might be in here"
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    what grass, gass, or a$$

I`ve got gas...
    no grass out front...put in rocks !

yeah, ya got me there....I`m an ****
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    Drive has the rule on which trade input is ok.

Sorry your **** is not ok ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Or the ole "Don't laugh---your daughter might be in here"
    Thanks for the chuckle. I have not heard that one. Won't be so funny when and if my other half and I have daughter though. Different scenario there...and at that point a whole new perspective comes. :eek:
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Keiko wrote:
    Anywaze...You guys remember that cartoon Scooby Doo, with the kids in that psychedelic chevy van they called the Mystery Machine...? Maybe it's just my suspicious mind but didn't the characters Shaggy and Scooby oddly have the munchies all the time? And why did Freddie always send Shaggy and Scooby downstairs to check the basement while he always took the 2 girls upstairs to check the bedroom? :confused:
    Anyone else have a thought on these?
    No comment. Hehe.

Too funny. :D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »

Now THAT is funny.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    Now we know why the F1 mobile has darkened windows..............he's bad, he's nationwide, he's international, I always thought it was for the coffin.....go figure.

RT1--gettin some one day at a time. Remember, Virginia is for Lovers, not South Carolina.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Virginia is NOT for Lovers or others for that matter. Trust me, it's not all that pleasant a place.

I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    Seems like you have some real Virginia Experience to tell us ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• treitz3
    edited December 2007
    OK, so I was thinkin' today that if a police officer has to get a search warrant to search your car because it is "private" property, what's gonna happen when a married couple is gettin' frisky in the hot tub or pool in the backyard? Since that is considered "private" property as well [also requiring a search warrant].

Not that the police would purposely and intentionally look over the fence or anything, but let's say for the sake of argument that there is a neighborhood kid who lives on the property adjacent to where "activities" are taking place climbs a tree or happens to peek over the fence, the kid watches in amazement and runs to tell his mom "Guess what I saw?" or asks the question "what were our neighbors doing?" and then describes what he saw.

Now, if the mother calls the cops and a ticket is issued...at the end of the day the married couple would both have to register as a sexual offender for having said activities in the privacy of there own fenced in backyard? :eek:

Am I twisting the facts too much or [at least in SC] is this a reality? Normally I wouldn't care, but the charge doesn't fit the crime....if you even could classify it AS a crime.

On a separate note, somebody had mentioned that in SC if you take a whizz in public and get popped [out in the mountains camping for example] and then have to file as a sexual offender, then basically skinny dipping is taboo as well and will wind you up on the list of SO. It used to be considered fun and not an offense that could change your life.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Cops don't need a search warrant if they can see in plain view a crime being committed. So if you're parked in public and a cop sees your **** through the window, they don't need a warrant to come into your car (assuming what you're doing is illegal where you are).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    You know as much as I enjoy PF at Troy's house in SC, I may have to rethink that with stupid laws such as this. I know if it was Florida I be thinking moving as I couldn't believe anything or anyone could drill some sense in my State House of Representatives at that point.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer