Blown Amp I don't know Help Plz...

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok here what I got a 1200 watt SPL amp with RCA Input's and output's to another amp.... ok cd player goes straight to the SPL RCA input jack then I run the output RCA into my kicker amp... the problem is no sound is coming out the spl amp but one channel of the output is working going to the kicker amp I know it's not the cd player because I plugged my rca directly into the kicker amp and both channels worked just fine is my SPL amp blown???
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2002
    Options
    well.. excluding that the rca patchcables running from the head to the 1st amp are damaged (which is probably not it since u said the kicker works fine off that line)...

chances are there is SOMETHING wrong with teh amp --- what that is is hard to tell --- you may be lucky and the amp itself is not "blown" but the rca input / output portion of it may only have problems.

if that's all that's wrong with it -- it may be worth having it fixed... otherwise, dont waste 150 -200 bucks on a repair when you can get a brand new 1200 watt amp for 300 or so (god bless ebay).

good luck
    :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge