Polkie Encounter with Analog97 (Larry)

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I met a local Polkie Analog97. Hearingimpaired has been trying to hook us up for months since we live about five miles apart and both of us own the big Polks.

We met at Di-Pole Dan's place to blast his Platinum MK IV's and his three sub woofers in his magnificent 6.3 setup. Carvers, Maggies, Sunfire and Velodyne were the flavor of the day. As was some nice vintage and new vinyl. Dan brought out the moldy cheese, California red wine, the only thing we were missing was the Meerschaum pipes, fancy tobacco,;) ascots and of course Jesse:D Fly Boy Jay was also there, Michael Hunt had to bow out at the last minute. We'll catch next time.

It was nice to meet you Larry, I hope we can get together again soon. Larry's first class all the way!!!! I'm questionable as many of you know.:D
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Had I only known...... :D

Always great when Polkies get together, it's a big part of what this place is all about.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2007
    Mike Hunt...........is that an actual Polkie or a knickname for your spouse?;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    Love to hear about the polkie gatherings. Glad you had a good time
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2007
    I would love to have been there Carl!

Mike is an advanced audiophile who builds some of his own gear. I always enjoy hearing of his latest endeavors or opinions. Hearing Carl say "I talked to Mike Hunt the other day" always cracks me up.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Cool. Glad everyone had fun.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    rgr that.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Mike lurks these Forums and get's a kick out of you guys making jokes about him. After 50 years he has heard it all.

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I wish I were there, I would have clunked your heads together like Moe!!!!