got me a TUBE BUFFER!!

sda2mike
sda2mike Posts: 3,131
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
yep, just pulled the trigger on a Yaqin Tube Buffer. Waited for one to show up from anywhere other than the Orient. Found a seller in Canada, eh?;) Heard alot of good reviews on this unit, including at least one happy customer here:) Anyway, I'll post my impressions when I get my hands on it!:cool:
Post edited by sda2mike on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2007
    I scored one from RuSsMaN earlier this year. I put it in the pre-amp loop of my daughter' HK3480. It is really pretty cool...I am not very good at describing sound characteristics, but I would describe it as cleaning up the mid-range and enhancing the "warm" sound. She runs it all the time - I think it is most noticable when she is listening to her iPod.

Definitely let us know your thoughts. Seems like a good poor man's way to get into tubes.
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2007
    plus with this unit, you can ROLL your tubes....and SEE them:cool: a very popular and more expensive but no better sounding unit out there, doesn't allow either...i like to see tubes at the very least!!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I've been toying with the notion of using a tube buffer between my DAC to preamp until I get enough money saved up for the SACD/CD player I am looking at. Please post your impressions.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    I've been toying with the notion of using a tube buffer between my DAC to preamp until I get enough money saved up for the SACD/CD player I am looking at. Please post your impressions.

Sony makes a 5 disc SACD/CD player for $150 that's gotten really good reviews. I forget the model number...
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    nms wrote: »
    Sony makes a 5 disc SACD/CD player for $150 that's gotten really good reviews. I forget the model number...

THanks.:) I have a $150 giant killer go through my Timbre DAC. I was speaking more along the lines of a used Musical Fidelity kW SACD/CD player or one of the Esoteric models.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    THanks.:) I have a $150 giant killer go through my Timbre DAC. I was speaking more along the lines of a used Musical Fidelity kW SACD/CD player or one of the Esoteric models.

Ah, so you're looking for a couple steps above that. My bad.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited December 2007

Don't forget about the Marantz SA-7S1 & the SA-11S2 SACD/CD players. Getting a lot of press & stellar reviews.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    nms wrote: »
    Ah, so you're looking for a couple steps above that. My bad.

No bad man thanks for the info. I'm open to all suggestions here.