SEARS---Cudos

BAD ASP
BAD ASP Posts: 361
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
A friend of mine who served as a Marine lt. during Vietnam and is highly decorated took the time to send the following to me. Whether you support the war or not this is about supporting our most precious resources. Our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, fathers and mothers ALL. I have always held Sears in high esteem corporately as they have always stood behind their products and services usually to the highest level ( at least in my opinion over the last 45 years-- i'm 58). So please read and if you're of the mind pass it on and support an institution that supports our finest. I am sure my friend would not want his name on the internet randomly so I will keep it out of this post, let me just say that he earned the silver star and two purple hearts in one battle and retired as a Colonel.

Sears - Christmas shopping is well underway ..........

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
mailto:webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358
Home Theater
Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
Processor: sunfire theater grand V
Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
Rears: Polk LSiFX
Side surrounds: Fxi5
Center: (2)polk LSiC's
Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
Projector: sony vw60
Screen: Da-Lite 106"
APC S20 Power conditioner
Post edited by BAD ASP on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    They have earned my respect and business. Way to go Sears!

Thanks for the post.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    This has been posted here before, but still a great post. I buy almost all my tools exclusively from Sears aside from some Snap-On.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2007
    Sears is really stepping up to the plate here for our military people.
    Also kudo's for their sponsorship of that Extreme Home Makeover show,and
    for what it's worth,the chick on that show is sooo hot.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    ........the chick on that show is sooo hot.

You mean Ty Pennington?

Go Sears!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    You mean Ty Pennington?
    :eek::eek::eek:

Way to go Sears.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    Wow, that's really awesome!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Thats refreshing....you would think craftsman was my name by opening up most of the toolboxes in my garage ;)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    Admirable example of a responsible corp. They'll come fix your GE appliances lickety split too. I had a hand me down 3/8'' ratshit, that had to be 40 hears old. It was ugly as hell but kept working. Finally broke it replacing leaf-springs in an old Roadrunner, and they gave me a new on. .. no questions. That never happens today without filling out forms in triplicate, giving away all your contact info, and having to deal with outsourced CS reps.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    Admirable example of a responsible corp. They'll come fix your GE appliances lickety split too. I had a hand me down 3/8'' ratshit, that had to be 40 hears old. It was ugly as hell but kept working. Finally broke it replacing leaf-springs in an old Roadrunner, and they gave me a new on. .. no questions. That never happens today without filling out forms in triplicate, giving away all your contact info, and having to deal with outsourced CS reps.
    Just FYI, Snap-On does that. And you won't need to do so nearly as often.

I would think probably Mac and Matco would have much the same policy.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    Just FYI, Snap-On does that. And you won't need to do so nearly as often.

I would think probably Mac and Matco would have much the same policy.

I loved the MAC stuff back when I still did some twisting, but day-ham was that stuff pricey. It was like you paid for 4 of them upfront, and they only gave to one to start with! :eek:Good stuff all, but I had a 7 foot breaker on a 3/8" Craftsman, twisting the rear shackles on an old Mopar, and it finally gave up the ghost (ring). Couldn't drive the car, hopped a scooter to Sears and grabbed another. Amazing value, circa 1988
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    I loved the MAC stuff back when I still did some twisting, but day-ham was that stuff pricey. It was like you paid for 4 of them upfront, and they only gave to one to start with! :eek:Good stuff all, but I had a 7 foot breaker on a 3/8" Craftsman, twisting the rear shackles on an old Mopar, and it finally gave up the ghost (ring). Couldn't drive the car, hopped a scooter to Sears and grabbed another. Amazing value, circa 1988

Its all in how you use it. If youre a mechanic, most of the time the Craftsman stuff just isnt good enough. A broke wrench or ratchet could very well slice your hand open or break a bone when it slips off. The difference in a set of Snap-On wrenches and Craftsman wrenches is still cheaper than a doctor;)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it