I'm off....

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I'm leaving for Nashvegas (Nashville for you northeners) in a few minutes for the weekend to do some Christmas stuff. Today we will be going to "Dickens of a Christmas". The historic town of Franklin turns itself into a victorian village for the weekend. My wife, of course wants to do some shopping at Sephora and Coach at the Green Hills mall :rolleyes: then off to Sperry's for the best steak in town IMO and the Cheesecake Factory for desert. We might stop at the Bluebird Cafe for some latenight live music. Tomorrow will be a tour of the Opryland Hotel (I've stayed there in one of the "presidential suites" before the price got totally out of hand) to view all the decorations and probabaly more shopping at Opry Mills :rolleyes:. The trip ends with tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular® starring the world-famous Rockettes® at the Grand Ole Opryhouse.

I was hoping to stay at a Holiday Inn Express just to boost the ole brainpower but it looks like I'll have to settle for the Wingate by Wyndham.

I guess it's time to get into the Christmas Spirit. This should do the trick.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    Cool, I LOVE Nashville.

Good luck getting into the Bluebird, we've been twice...you may wish to call ahead but it's awesome, we love it.

Enjoy....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Enjoy your trip Bro!
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    My brother lives in Nashville and works for Curb records. I've always liked going to visit him and seeing the sights, plus, you never know who you'll run into around the studios. It's a nice area...that's for sure.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2007
    Have a good trip
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited December 2007
    Have fun and be safe.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    Bastage
    here I am actually working today.

Enjoy Shack, Nashville is cool, but I'm going to Jackson.........Jackson here I come.

RT1--Johnny Cash fan.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    I feel your pain, bit Ted......92 days straight and counting.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I'm leaving for Nashvegas (Nashville for you northeners) in a few minutes for the weekend to do some Christmas stuff. Today we will be going to "Dickens of a Christmas". The historic town of Franklin turns itself into a victorian village for the weekend. My wife, of course wants to do some shopping at Sephora and Coach at the Green Hills mall :rolleyes: then off to Sperry's for the best steak in town IMO and the Cheesecake Factory for desert. We might stop at the Bluebird Cafe for some latenight live music. Tomorrow will be a tour of the Opryland Hotel (I've stayed there in one of the "presidential suites" before the price got totally out of hand) to view all the decorations and probabaly more shopping at Opry Mills :rolleyes:. The trip ends with tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular® starring the world-famous Rockettes® at the Grand Ole Opryhouse.

I was hoping to stay at a Holiday Inn Express just to boost the ole brainpower but it looks like I'll have to settle for the Wingate by Wyndham.

I guess it's time to get into the Christmas Spirit. This should do the trick.

That sounds very nice.

What time do you want us to be there ?

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    I feel your pain, bit Ted......92 days straight and counting.

BDT

well, we will go hit it when you get back.....shacks house that is. be a pleasure to put the squeeze on his nad's.

It would be nice if shackdaddy could give us an updated opinion on the rockettes.......shaved...trimmed......or full natural.

RT1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Watch out for the moose.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    Have fun.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    well, we will go hit it when you get back.....shacks house that is. be a pleasure to put the squeeze on his nad's.

It would be nice if shackdaddy could give us an updated opinion on the rockettes.......shaved...trimmed......or full natural.

RT1

Gisele and Joey the killer watchdogs and #1 daughter have it all under control. I may be cleaning up beer cans when I get back but the they have strict instructions to protect the NADs.

Franklin and "Dickens of a Christmas" was cool! It's off to the mall now...Whoo Hoo :(
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson