Paint & Body shop suggestions, DFW area

edbert
edbert Posts: 1,041
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just bought my wife a used car and it needs some paint work done. The front bumper and a portion of the hood has some little chips in it(looks like it was peppered by lots of small rocks), and they will need to be repainted. Any shop recommendations? I prefer local guys with their own shops because they generally take more pride in their work(has been my experience in the past at least). Any suggestions or contact info is greatly appreciated.

BTW - located in Allen(between Plano and McKinney) so the closer the better.

Thanks!
I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
Monitor 30's - surrounds
CS1 - center
PSW10 - I'll let you guess
Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
Sony Progressive scan DVD
XBOX

SOPA since 2008
Here's my stuff.
Post edited by edbert on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    Paint and body. Yuk. DFW paint and body guys get so much hail ding work it's tough to find a motivated one. I for one would leave it alone if it isn't going to be in covered parking at home and work.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • edbert
    edited December 2007
    That's the thing. It will be(in garages for work and home). The rest of the car looks absolutely gorgeous except for the front end. It has a few other scuffs here and there but you really can't see those. That and I would worry about it except it's black(I know, I know, but I love black cars) and so it looks like I have killed a bunch of bugs on the front end of the car.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    Or it's been driven up 121 daily. Damn dump truck convoys every morning
    spewing loose gravel. I used to hate that drive. No way to avoid them. It was bumper to bumper by the Colony.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2007
    Anywhere but next to the Welding Gas Supply that burned up... ;)
    I was in Dallas that day.
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited December 2007
    Wish I could help you but I live in indiana. I just wanted to say it's good to hear your going with local body shops as we own a growing body shop buisness. I would have to say your probally right about them taking a lot of pride into to what they do. Because we do and I have worked for a huge bodyshop before we started the buisness. And those guys just want to get the cars done asap. Thats what they have to do to make the kind of money they make. Not only that your going to pay through the nose. The big body shop I worked for charged for EVERYTHING and anything. You could figure over $100 an hour. Where a local body shop will be half that. Hope you find one that treats you right.

Edit: By the way if you have any questions I will be more than glad to try help you with them.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    These guys do amazing job in blending in the new paint with the old. Many places can't do that, it's easy to tell where the new paint starts. I know a few places that do it cheap but that's not what you're looking for, is it?

Best Choice Auto & Body
    13680 Floyd Cir
    Dallas, TX 75243
    (972) 234-8199
  • edbert
    edited December 2007
    No, I don't want it cheap. I don't want it to cost an arm and a leg either, but I don't mind paying a little more to know that it was done right and that I don't have to worry about it for the life of the vehicle.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    Call the shop and ask for Steve. Get a quote from them, I know they do great work.
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    I need to write that down. The one's I have dealt with didn't impress me.
    My van paint job ended in a fatality. Long story. But the van did get painted
    in the end. And no, I didn't do it.