Who thinks these study's up anyway?

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
For example:
"A new study suggests overweight children have an increased risk of heart disease". :eek: Oh, don't tell me it's true!
Good freakin' grief. That's like saying smoking weed may result in intoxication or sex may result in pregnancy :rolleyes:
I wonder how many millions they spent on that study.
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    Its not like this was the sole and only purpose of the study. Its probably just one of the many conclusions drawn from a larger overall study.

Regardless, studies need to be done to get a true measure of how big, if any, a problem truly is.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    Since there seem to be a debate on evolution in this country, I've found that nothing surprises me anymore. Except maybe that flame retardant man-thong I saw in the other thread. That was a surprise. Good god!
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited December 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Its not like this was the sole and only purpose of the study. Its probably just one of the many conclusions drawn from a larger overall study.

Regardless, studies need to be done to get a true measure of how big, if any, a problem truly is.

Well that may be true, but there's such a thing as overstating the obvious :rolleyes: Anyone with half a brain could conclude that without having to do any study.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    You have to understand how anal the medical/scientific community can be. There are those that will not accept any conclusion unless there is a double blind study to support it.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2007
    I'm totally down wid dis!

It seems that one can read about these kind of studies in the paper nearly every week!

Amazing.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger