Comic Books?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Anyone collect comic books as a kid? I've been starting to get a few for my 7 year old and been training him to take care of them. Starting with "Amazing Spiderman" which is at number like 575 or something. I stopped collecting about 15 years ago but I was learning excel back then and cataloged my whole collection as I bought them. So last night it took me 15 minutes to post the entire thing on my web server. Its pretty cool stuff.

The excel tabs at the bottom have major titles that I had. All of them are boxed up, sleeved with backing boards in my storage (inside the house with blankets covering them all).

http://www.silverti.com/comics/
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Anyone collect comic books as a kid? I've been starting to get a few for my 7 year old and been training him to take care of them. Starting with "Amazing Spiderman" which is at number like 575 or something. I stopped collecting about 15 years ago but I was learning excel back then and cataloged my whole collection as I bought them. So last night it took me 15 minutes to post the entire thing on my web server. Its pretty cool stuff.

The excel tabs at the bottom have major titles that I had. All of them are boxed up, sleeved with backing boards in my storage (inside the house with blankets covering them all).

http://www.silverti.com/comics/

I used to. After getting married the Mrs. put the halt on it.
    I was able to sell it all. My boys got some for a while, then moved on.
    I had the whole Xmen Dark Phoenix series.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited December 2007
    Holy crap, that's quite a collection. I inherited a collection of vintage Walt Disney comics, circa 1945-1955 which I'll never sell.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    I have about 6K of them when I collected ages ago. They are all sealed, boarded and graded from an older Overstreet. I'm keeping them for a rainy day.....15 years in the future.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    Besides all the classic Marvel-Hulk,Spiderman,Xmen, Iron Man, Avengers,
    Thor, plenty of limited run marvels, I had a couple of gems that were a bit more risky.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I had a couple of gems that were a bit more risky.
    Man, I read some of those back in the 70's... funny $h1+! :D
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    What kid doesn't like comic books? Over here, it was a magnet.
    I used to see my son's friends sitting around reading them.
    The only hard part is getting them to keep them nice. That's the
    adult part. When you're a kid, they're there to be read. It's only 20 years later that
    Xman set you had in the bathroom is worth $$$$.
    Of course, being organized is a talent to learned young.
    There's good points on both side of the arguement.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    What kid doesn't like comic books?

That would be me.

I never saw the attraction in comic books.

Of course, I also don't enjoy watching sports, especially football. I fail to see the attraction in watching a bunch of mentally underdeveloped men chase each other around after a scrap of leather for 5+ hours.

I am of course referring to professional and college level football. If any of you played high school football that's different, and studies have suggested that upon quitting the sport mental development returns to normal levels, so this is not to insult any of you who might have played football earlier in life. (Don't you just love disclaimers?)
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2007
    Wow, do I really have to read each thread now and delete posts? How irritating.

Please continue on the original topic.

~J
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    I've never collected comic books.... just depreciating electronic stuff <sigh>.
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    I've never collected comic books.... just depreciating electronic stuff <sigh>.

Almost as futile.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2007
    Nice. I've got a bunch of Marvel from the 70's and a few from the 60's. Nothing spectacular yet. Maybe another 20 years they maybe worth putting up for sale.