Anyone use Everbank?

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Looking for opinions...

www.everbank.com
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Never heard of them. Started reading the about us page, as soon as they swooned about Jacksonville Florida, and that was where they were headquartered - enough read, not the bank for me.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited December 2007
  • jwhitakr
    jwhitakr Posts: 568
    edited December 2007
    I've used Everbank for my one and only checking account for like 4-5 years now, and have been extremely happy with service, interest rates and online banking. I wrote a review of my experience, but won't pimp it here by posting the URL. If you are interested in reading the review, PM me and I'll shoot ya the URL.

But overall, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend Everbank.
    My HT
    HDTV: Panasonic PT-61LCX65 61" Rear Proj. LCD
    AVR: Harman Kardon AVR 235
    Video: 80GB PS3, Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD
    Fronts: Polk Audio RTi8
    Center: Polk Audio CSi3
    Amp: Emotiva LPA-1
    Surrounds: Polk Audio R150
    Sub: HSU STF-3

The only true barrier to knowledge is the assumption that you already have it. - C.H. Dodd
  • VR3
    edited December 2007
    My interest is the interest itself --

Checking Account is 3% interest ---

CD is 4.95% interest
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    A friend of mine has been using Schwab for his checking, they give 4% on checking and are actually a name you would recognize rather than some random bank. He's been really happy so far (he's only had it a couple months).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Gaara
    edited December 2007
    Yeah there are definitely better rates. My father uses ING for both savings and checking, their checking pays 3.25% APY and is much more well known. I personally just keep most of my money at Emigrant Direct, 4.75% APY savings account with easy access to money and FDIC insured.
  • VR3
    edited December 2007
    my main interest are CD interest rates --- in the 6 months bracket...

The fact that Schwab dosnt have a minimum balance makes them pretty attractive as well ---
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Never heard of them. Started reading the about us page, as soon as they swooned about Jacksonville Florida, and that was where they were headquartered - enough read, not the bank for me.

I'm sorry what's wrong with Jacksonville Florida?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Gaara
    edited December 2007
    my main interest are CD interest rates --- in the 6 months bracket...

The fact that Schwab dosnt have a minimum balance makes them pretty attractive as well ---

If you would like plenty of options you can click here for cds
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited December 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    I'm sorry what's wrong with Jacksonville Florida?

The airport for starters. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    It's the **** of America. Crime, grime, and plenty of slime. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.