Van Halen

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Man, I don't know. I've been checking out some of the You Tube vids of their current tour and, I know the SQ sucks but that's obviously not all that sucks. Dave looks like a freakin' doofus...kinda like Steve Martin doing a David Lee Roth parody. He can't do any of his trademark shrieks anymore. He can't prance and kick anymore. Wolfgang looks like a doofus. I can't believe people are going bonkers over this. Look at the comments on the vids it's like they're the second coming fer crying out loud. Pathetic and sad if you ask me. :rolleyes:
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    I agree wholeheartedly. I compare them with the Eagles. The Eagles are maybe BETTER now than they were 20 years ago. They have improved their craft and skills as musicians and have changed their style ever so slightly to accomodate their ablities. Their live shows are good, solid entertainment with a mix of new and old.

Van Halen was one of my favorite rock bands of the 80s...but time has passed them by. They probably can still play...but quit trying to be what you were 20 years ago. DLR became a characature of himself many years ago. Nothing worse than aging rockers who forget about the aging part.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    If Eddie could stop his temper tantrums---and being a control freak, they might be able to keep a good singer out front...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    I agree also just sad IMHO

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0KgJPJxHtWw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0KgJPJxHtWw&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma