lol, new mac commercial

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Love the new one where he says "a mac will run Vista faser then a PC"...

I really don’t get it, who buys that stuff.

Consider: a Mac is a PC. Exact same thing right off the Intel factory line. Exactly the same hardware. Aka a "Mac" is a "PC" now with a different OS. It would be like Linux guys slapping Linux on a Dell and not calling it a PC anymore.

You take a Mac or PC with the exact same specs and they would run Vista or OSx exactly the same.

Love Apples goofy marketing.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Love the new one where he says "a mac will run Vista faser then a PC"...

I really don’t get it, who buys that stuff.

Consider: a Mac is a PC. Exact same thing right off the Intel factory line. Exactly the same hardware. Aka a "Mac" is a "PC" now with a different OS. It would be like Linux guys slapping Linux on a Dell and not calling it a PC anymore.

You take a Mac or PC with the exact same specs and they would run Vista or OSx exactly the same.

Love Apples goofy marketing.

What? I don't get it. A Mac is basically a PC!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Well, a Mac is a very specific PC. What separates a "PC" from a "mac" is a PC is a general term for anything you throw together with assorted hardware; a Mac is Mac hardware in a Mac case. Kinda like a Dell is Dell hardware in a Dell case. There's nothing special about the Mac per se except it may look prettier to some people and like Silverti said, it runs OSX. The fact that they say a Mac runs Vista faster than a PC not only doesn't make sense... it really takes away the only thing Apple still has as a bargaining chip, doesn't it?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.