Mozilla Firefox problem!

audiobliss
audiobliss Posts: 12,518
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I LOVE using Mozilla Firefox...very easy...convenient...wonderful...yada, yada, yada.

However, it just updated itself a few days ago, and something it's doing now is driving me CRAZY!! If I'm watching a video in youtube, great. It plays just fine. If I switch to another program (as in, start talking to someone in AIM while it's playing in the background), it mutes the sound. If I switch to another tab in my browser window it mutes the sound. If I switch to another instance of Firefox that's running it mutes it. If I scroll down the page reading comments on the video and scroll down to where the video is not visible it mutes the sound.

I HATE that!!! And I searched through all the options and couldn't see anything about it.

What to do?!
Jstas wrote: »
Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
In Use
PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
Epson 8700UB

In Storage
[Home Audio]
Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
Post edited by audiobliss on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Hmm, I've never had that problem and am using the most recent version. Do you have any extensions installed that could be causing that?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • audiobliss
    edited December 2007
    The only extensions I have is the Real Player and TalkBack to send info back to Mozilla.

This issue is sooo annoying I'm going to change browsers if I can't fix it. I just installed SlimBrowser to play around with it some.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    Firefox has gone through several updates just over the last few days. Most were to fix media playing type bugs with certain sites like Cnet news, youtube etc. I've haven't followed them all, but you should uninstall any extensions you have, then firefox itself (write down the versions number). Reboot, dowload and install the latest copy. If that doesn't work and they haven't rolled out the fix for your specific issue, find a mirror or other website that is still offering the older version. I'm not having any issues, but I don't use any Real Player products. There are plugins for Mediaplayer, and VLC which is open source and plays everything. I would spend hours trying to fix Firefox, rather than have to use IE. I, or someone here, may even have an older version installer of FF that I/they could send to you until the bug with RP is fixed. That is most likely the culprit. GL
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • audiobliss
    edited December 2007
    Thanks for the info. I'll be gone all day tomorrow, but I'll play around with it Thursday.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    I believe it has to do with one of the updates, this happened to me today also.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche