FM restrictions lifted?

WilliamM2
WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have noticed posts lately in the Flea Market from posters with well under 25 posts, sometimes it's thier first post:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38777

Have the rules changed? Just curious.
Post edited by WilliamM2 on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    I hope not. It would undermine all the effort that has been brought forth by members that have been trying to protect newbies and those who are inexperienced in web transactions.

Just my opinion, but who am I? I'm still a newbie in the whole grand scheme of things.

:(:(:(
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    I have noticed posts lately in the Flea Market from posters with well under 25 posts, sometimes it's thier first post:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38777

Have the rules changed? Just curious.

Yep, we are no longer permitted to police ourselves. So the flood waters will start to abound.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Looks like we will be just another Ebay.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited December 2007
    Rules are still there, must be a short lived mistake
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    I say we ban all the FM posters with less than 25 posts for breaking the rules.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Let's hope.

If I had anything to do with it there would be a minimum post count and minimum membership time before you can sell. That would eliminate the...
    thats cool
    yes
    ///
    \\\
    I agree
    lets
    get
    my
    up

posts.

But alas...it's not my call.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Looks like we will be just another Ebay.

Buyer beware. I suggest buying with honor. Buy only from established members.

If you list something, just stipulate no buyers with less than X posts. Make it 1,000 posts if you like. If there are no rules, just make your own.

On the upside, it should curb the flaming. I think the rules have invited some "self policing". While I supported it, these actions did cause some tempers to flare. If it's a newbie post and you don't like the fact that they have come here just to sell. IGNORE THEM, silence is deadly and they probably won't be back.

If someone posts a pair of pristine SDA's in your neighborhood, then go listen and buy them. In this instance we've done a Polk lover a service.

I know some of you will disagree with me, but I respect your opinion and I'm happy to be your Polk brother. Amen!:)
    Carl

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Do you happen to have an example a little more recent than 2006?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • WilliamM2
    edited December 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Do you happen to have an example a little more recent than 2006?

Look closer, the second post was made today, and it's his first post. Must admit though, I did not notice the first post was a year old. Weren't the rules in affect a year ago?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    So all is the same Mark? I apologize as I did not notice the date.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Maybe the VBulletin filter allows members with less than 1 post, to post on threads when the rule wasn't in effect.
    Carl

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited December 2007
    OOOOOOOP's....I didn't really pay attention either. That's happened a couple times lately.
  • WilliamM2
    edited December 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Maybe the VBulletin filter allows members with less than 1 post, to post on threads when the rule wasn't in effect.

Either that, or they changed it so they can reply, but not start a new thread?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    I believe that is the case William but I'll ask Justin.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Let's hope.

If I had anything to do with it there would be a minimum post count and minimum membership time before you can sell. That would eliminate the...

posts.

But alas...it's not my call.

Veddy fanny Dr. Jones, veddy fanny!:D
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    The minimum post thing is a fairly recent change. Doesn't matter anyway--buy from known/respected members and you are safe.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2