What an amazing game

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Pats v. the Ravens

Who saw that coming???

Wow
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    Baltimore deserved to lose that at the end. What crappy coaching and stupid penalties.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited December 2007
    Insane game. The Pats might have got the win, but they lost the game. The Ravens had some really stupid penalties called against them, many of which had nothing to do directly with the play on the field.

Still, up till the last second of intense football. ESPN is gonna love the ratings.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited December 2007
    That was a helluva game. The Ravens should hold their heads high despite the loss.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited December 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    That was a helluva game. The Ravens should hold their heads high despite the loss.

All but 57 with that flag chuck.
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited December 2007
    The video scam will still haunt New England even if they run the table. Don Shula will vote for the asterisk. How bad will Belichek want to spank the Jets and Mangini for letting the cat out of the bag.
    [
  • Refefer
    edited December 2007
    vonnie123 wrote: »
    The video scam will still haunt New England even if they run the table. Don Shula will vote for the asterisk. How bad will Belichek want to spank the Jets and Mangini for letting the cat out of the bag.

I don't think so. Their winning has been too convincing of raw talent vs. questionable tactics.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited December 2007
    Refefer wrote: »
    I don't think so. Their winning has been too convincing of raw talent vs. questionable tactics.

+1
    They're still winning without the video tape. I think it would be different if found at the end of the season. No asterisk in my mind.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited December 2007
    The Pat's legend just grew a bunch last night.

Sheesh!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Good teams come close and hold their heads up high. Great teams find ways to win the game even when they should have lost. They are proving they are the best!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Pats lost that game in the first half letting the Ravens just pound up and down the field through their defense. They were leaving holes wide enough for the Ravens to drive school buses through.

A combination of poor coaching and penalities as others have said is what blew that game. The ravens defense played the best they could and in the end it was the Brady factor that did them in and the outburst from #57 was resulting from frustration of poor coaching and the Brady factor.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    mralpha wrote: »
    Good teams come close and hold their heads up high. Great teams find ways to win the game even when they should have lost. They are proving they are the best!

The best like 1.2 TL's? :p
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2007
    Bottom line is that almost every team nowadays in the NFL does or has videotaped opposing teams - it's common practice whether the teams admit it or not. I know many current and former employees of NFL franchises who laugh when they hear of "Vidoe-gate". Shula is upset because it was not common practice back then. With the advent of technology, everyone will stretch the limits of the rules to gain a competitive advantage.

Also, it's not like they are winning because of what they got caught doing. They've had close games, but talent and execution (and amittedly a little help from the refs) have won them games.

On a side note, Billick showed how little class he has. Anyone see him blowing kisses to Harrison? He's a chump and knowing a lot of Ravens fans, they are tired of his pompous a$$.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    The best like 1.2 TL's? :p

Nah, those are crappy speakers.:p
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2007
    I still can't believe that the Pats pulled it out. There was some divine intervention going on to say the least. But once again, the weakness of the Pats has been exposed, a strong pass rush makes Brady just an excellent QB, not invincible.

The second key was defending Welker as to take him out of the game.

BTW, I thought it was pretty funny of Billick to blow kisses at Rodney Harrison for talking smack.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    You really think that was the weakness?

I think the weakness was their complete lack of a run defense. It's tough to say how much the Ravens D affected the passing game compared with the wind. There were a bunch of dropped passes that earlier in the season would have been catches.

I think the Pats D is the real concern for any fan (or Achilles Heel for anyone hoping to topple them). THey can easily be scored on. Worst in the league in the red zone. Those are not good things.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited December 2007
    Bobman:
    The Pats run defense got tough in the 4th. Baltimore couldn't run when they needed to. Personally, the Pats are lucky that they have had a couple of tough games in a row, I believe it's calmed down those players that wanted to take out a Pats player for running up the score.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    There were quite a few times ( In HD at least ) that you could see the ball was wet from the snowflakes falling during a lot of the game...explained a lot of the ball mishandling during the game. The ravens calling that time out on the pats 4th down try ( That they didnt make when the snap was made and the whistle blown ) had me fall off the couch...there really was divine intervention for the pats in this game.

I think god was a little pissed off at Shula for all the snickering he was doing in the booth ;)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    BTW, I thought it was pretty funny of Billick to blow kisses at Rodney Harrison for talking smack.

That was precious...frikin awesome
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    Bobman:
    The Pats run defense got tough in the 4th. Baltimore couldn't run when they needed to. Personally, the Pats are lucky that they have had a couple of tough games in a row, I believe it's calmed down those players that wanted to take out a Pats player for running up the score.

McGahee still had 150 yards on them. They tightened it up in the end, which is great, but I'd say the D concerns me more than anything as a fan.

And seriously, Baltimore had that game in hand becauase of all the pressure they put on Brady.... and then in the fourth quarter they switch to a 3-man rush and a stupid prevent defense and the Pats stomp all over them. I firmly believe if the Ravens had stuck to their strong pass rush in the fourth they would have won.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2007
    Or if Boller hadn't thrown the bad INT on 3rd down from the 30, or if Ed Reed hadn't fumbled the interception. The Ravens had lots of chances, but they blew it, despite the big effort.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    markmarc wrote:
    There was some divine intervention going on to say the least.

Are you saying the refs are the Patriots guardian angels? :confused:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Refefer
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Are you saying the refs are the Patriots guardian angels? :confused:

I didn't see a penalty during the replay that shouldn't have been called. That said, someone is looking out for the pats; they always seemed to happen when they needed it most. I think the Ravens anxiety with trying to make the big plays caused them to be a little too aggressive at the wrong times.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,