Free Alpine CD Player

JoshParsons84
JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
edited December 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Yesterday my dad gave me his Alpine CDA-9831 I'm guessing as a Christmas present. I know ALL about this deck as I used to help him tweak his system with him. I'm so excited because I've had my car for about 8 or 9 months now running a stock tape deck. Although I have had some Polk db 6x9 in boxes in my rear hatch area. The thing I'm asking is now that I got a cd deck what now in the system design do I do?
Post edited by JoshParsons84 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2007
    Speakers then amps then subs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • JoshParsons84
    edited December 2007
    Well I mean I know the whole concept of everything. But taking everything one at a time. Do I get my components up front now that I've got a deck? And then when I have my fronts put in should I go ahead and have them run better wire from the deck to the speakers or should I wait till I put in an amp to run new wire? I've never had a system of my own I've just always helped my dad with his.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    Components, then put in an amp with upgraded wiring.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    No need to upgrade any wiring until you get an amp.

If you can, I'd rather do components and amp at the same time so I don't end up running them off the deck. And, if you do end up doing that, you going to run your new components AND the rear speakers off the deck?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • JoshParsons84
    edited December 2007
    Well if I'd go that route I'd run the new components and rears off the amp
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    ! I had an Alpine 9831, loved it. Then it got stolen. :(
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited December 2007
    ! I had an Alpine 9831, loved it. Then it got stolen. :(

Seems to be a common theme for you- Alpine, Kicker getting ripped off :(.

Car alarms (especially the newer 2-way pager units) combined with careful parking help alot. Not advertising the system (stickers, "bumping" within earshot of the bad guys or close to home) helps even more. Stealth installs are my favorite, but that said, I've been ripped off or otherwise had my car broken into probably 15 times in the last 20 years :(.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Seems to be a common theme for you- Alpine, Kicker getting ripped off :(.

Car alarms (especially the newer 2-way pager units) combined with careful parking help alot. Not advertising the system (stickers, "bumping" within earshot of the bad guys or close to home) helps even more. Stealth installs are my favorite, but that said, I've been ripped off or otherwise had my car broken into probably 15 times in the last 20 years :(.

Both times I had a 2 way paging alarm. But in order for it to work you actually need to be near your car. Both times my car was ripped off in my driveway. I had no stickers, no bumping in my neighborhood, but I did compete in my public car shows so it would have been easy to follow me home or take my license plate and get an address.

No big deal though, it's only material goods. It's all replaceable.
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited December 2007
    Both times I had a 2 way paging alarm. But in order for it to work you actually need to be near your car. Both times my car was ripped off in my driveway. I had no stickers, no bumping in my neighborhood, but I did compete in my public car shows so it would have been easy to follow me home or take my license plate and get an address.

No big deal though, it's only material goods. It's all replaceable.

Considering I sleep within range for my alarm (and most times my car's been violated happened outside my home), the added layer of security a pager alarm provides is worth the extra few bucks over the non-paging variety. Most alarms these days tend to sound similar, and differentiating yours from the neighbour's isn't always so easy.

I was trying to say "I feel your pain" :D.
  • JoshParsons84
    edited December 2007
    I've got a question about an amp. What do people think about the Rockford Fosgate 600.4? I can get it for $550 and plus that's a lot of money for me to come up with at one time and the place I'm getting it from they offer layaway with no time limit just 10% down and 10% a month. Should I go that route or save and save and save and save and get an Alpine PDX-4.150? More than likely they'll be running a pair of Polk db6501's. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the Momos right now and no way in hell I can afford the SR's right now.
  • JoshParsons84
    edited December 2007
    Well I pulled the trigger last night on a Rockford Fosgate T600.4. Well I at least put $50 down on it in layaway. The guy had a PDX-4.150 for $429.99 but wouldn't sell it to me because he had it marked down for his buddy. But in the end I've got the Rockford for $500 which I didn't think was too bad. I'm hoping to be pleased with this amp.
  • JoshParsons84
    edited December 2007
    Last night I put some MB Quart Q Line components on layaway. I've always heard really good things about MB Quart, and the Q Line is supposed to be tip top of the food chain, so we'll see. The guy told me MB Quarts could handle a little bit more than the Rockford could put out, but I told him about what that other guy did to me over the Alpine amp and he's supposed to be talking to him, so I might even end up with it. That'd be awesome! I can't wait to hear what they sound like.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Last night I put some MB Quart Q Line components on layaway. I've always heard really good things about MB Quart, and the Q Line is supposed to be tip top of the food chain, so we'll see. The guy told me MB Quarts could handle a little bit more than the Rockford could put out, but I told him about what that other guy did to me over the Alpine amp and he's supposed to be talking to him, so I might even end up with it. That'd be awesome! I can't wait to hear what they sound like.

The Q line is complete awesomeness. By far the best in car speaker I've ever heard. I had a pair in the front and the back on my previous car. They were stolen along with my kicker amps and jl w7s :( I ended up swtiching to infinity since insurance didn't pay me enough for them and absolutely hated them.