Thanks Ben!

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just got back into town and found my wires waiting for me on the front door step. What GREAT craftsmanship here!! Look to be worth every dime I spent. Thanks for taking the time to do these up right Ben; can't wait to get unpacked and start swapping them out.

I'll be back in touch when I get my fxi-3's :D
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
Post edited by jflail2 on

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    Cool. I am glad you like them. I really enjoy making things, and silver star quad speaker cables are just not affordable for the average guy. Give them a little time to break in. The bass should be tighter right off the bat, and the detail on the mids, and highs should take about 50hrs.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Ben, these actually look very nice. I might have to give a set a whirl.

Have you heard any changes or possible improvements on the sound stage imaging with these?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    edited December 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Ben, these actually look very nice. I might have to give a set a whirl.

Have you heard any changes or possible improvements on the sound stage imaging with these?

Yes. Silver is a very fast detailed conductor with an extremely wide frequency range. I have AQ's Star Quad with dbs ($500 cables per pair). The Silver star Quads I built perform on the same level as the AQ's. I like everything about them. I have tried a many different wires. Mine, and the $500 AQ's wires are very detailed, and have an excellent sound stage with fast tight bass. Mine are less than half the cost;), and Silver:)

Send me a PM if interested.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jflail2
    edited December 2007
    Sorry Las, they got swapped with a quickness, but the link above is exactly what I received from Ben.

And yes, I have indeed heard an improvement! Sound stage seems to be a bit more....open? Wide? Not sure how to explain it, but there's more there...And the bass has definitely tightened up (threw in Transformers again last night for full effect.) Everything sounds much more "clear", and I don't have to turn the volume up quite as high when watching normal tv chatter. Even the woman noticed a "better sound", which is a small miracle.

I won't spend $500 on AQ's, but I won't hesitate to get the rest of my cables/interconnects from Ben once I get my rears/sub/amp (in that order...) either. Be gone with you crap wires...

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    I thought they all sounded the same!:D:rolleyes:
  • jflail2
    edited December 2007
    They do? Nevermind then; I'll tell the girl she's imagining things and get myself checked into an asylum, stat!