A Few Wiring Questions

Drowsy09
Drowsy09 Posts: 28
edited November 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
OK, Just a quick run-through of what I am going to be doing for my system. I need you to check it out to make sure I have the correct wiring for each piece.

2 MOMO 2124 SVC's
Powered with a C500.1 amp.

2 dB501's and 2 dB351's
Do not know what this will be powered with, thinking a C400.4 but I want something cheaper for just the doors. Suggestions?? I see the c400.4 is a 4 channel amp - i would need a 4 channel to do the 4 doors, right? Or can somebody explain to me whats the best choice for these 4 speakers. I was thinking run the the 3.5s off the headunit but then why waste money on a whole other amp just for two 5in's? What would you suggest?

Probably a nice flip up screen headunit.

The amp will get 4AWG power and ground wire. Will a 60amp fuse be good for this?

The 5in's and 3.5in's will get 16AWG wire.

Now - What gauge does the subs get?
What gauge does the headunit get?
Post edited by Drowsy09 on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2007
    ummm head unit gage?

Ur gonna want 4 gage to go from battery to a distribution block if u are going to run to amps, then 4 gage from dist block to each amp and ground each of them with also 4 gage like u said, that speaker wire is fine

As far as amping your speakers, Its gonna sound a million times better if u amp them, and a 4 chan would be the easiest way fro u to go. If u wana save money and actualy want a abetter sound stage and dont care about your rear fill, just return the rear speakers and get a 2 chan amp and just run speakers in the front, it will sound better and be easier on your pocket.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8