Eat **** &.....Live?

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Grandmother saved by daughter's poo

By Megan Levy

Last Updated: 2:55am GMT 27/11/2007

It must be one of the most stomach-churning medical treatments ever devised. A grandmother who contracted a potentially fatal superbug in Scotland has been saved after a hospital fed her daughter’s faeces to her.

Ethel McEwan, an 83-year-old from Guardbridge, Fife, was near death after contracting Clostridium Difficile, the Daily Record reported. But she was saved after receiving a "faecal transplant" from her daughter, Winnifred. The treatment involves liquidising a sample of faeces from a close relative of the patient, and feeding the liquid down a tube into the stomach.

The treatment restores the bacteria to levels at which they help the recovery process. "When you tell people about the treatment, they wrinkle their noses," Mrs McEwan told the Daily Record.

"But it’s not like they put it on a plate and have you eat it. You don’t ever see or smell a thing."

"People will have a blood transplant or a kidney transplant – what’s the difference with this?"

Ummm. It’s ****!!! That’s the difference.
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Ummm. It’s ****!!! That’s the difference.

yep, sounds about right to me. hey, if it saves a life....god bless, but the ewwwww factor will always be there. "whats the difference"? are you kidding me?!?!?!?! lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited November 2007
    Don't burp....
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2007
    probably tastes like ****.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2007
    Dead link.

Funny how this came about the day after I told my brother about 2girls1cup. I told him about it and that he never needs to watch it but he did anyway. I refuse to, period.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Thx Toxis, urge to google..........rising......
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    This gives a whole new meaning to "**** breath."
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Ok Toxis.............JESUS CHRIST

Do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT google search that one. Holy crap (literally) I want to burn my eyes out now.......Oh my God........Oh gaaaaaaaa......

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Go to youtube to see 2 cup reaction vids, some are pretty funny.

As for eating fecal matter, I've seen it done by psychiatric patients before, yuk.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MGPK
    MGPK Posts: 88
    edited November 2007
    Here in Canada, there is a different method to this exchange. There is a doctor in Ajax, Ontario and a doc in Calgary, Ab to administer this exchange.

There is a superbug going around causing cefidel (sp?). The bug inhabits the lower bowels and takes over the probiotics in that system. It causes severe diarreah (up to 40X/day) and because of this severe frequency, it is causing the skin to break down. It has been fatal in a number of cases.

Basically, the exchange is the same except for the delivery. Instead of being ingested orally, it is now performed as an ****. The healthy **** bacteria from a genetically disposed person will basically take over the infection and a cure is usually within 4-24 hours. There was one case where a person from Ontario came out to Calgary with her sister to have this procedure done and within 6 hours, she was hiking through the mountains and actually had a beer (she was infected for a year and a half, ouch:eek:). Even though this radical procedure has a 90% cure rate, most doctors won't perform it for the squeamish factor. It can be performed at home, where most of the procedures have been done.

Maybe that's why us Canadians have better teeth than the Brits.:D
    System:

H/K AVR430 Receiver
    Samsung DVDHD841 Dvd player
    Yamaha CDC506 5 Disc changer
    Jamo E855 Tower speakers
    Wharfdale Pacific P-10 Bookshelf speakers
    Acoustic Research Master Series Interconnects
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    MGPK wrote: »
    Here in Canada, there is a different method to this exchange. There is a doctor in Ajax, Ontario and a doc in Calgary, Ab to administer this exchange.

There is a superbug going around causing cefidel (sp?). The bug inhabits the lower bowels and takes over the probiotics in that system. It causes severe diarreah (up to 40X/day) and because of this severe frequency, it is causing the skin to break down. It has been fatal in a number of cases.

Basically, the exchange is the same except for the delivery. Instead of being ingested orally, it is now performed as an ****. The healthy **** bacteria from a genetically disposed person will basically take over the infection and a cure is usually within 4-24 hours. There was one case where a person from Ontario came out to Calgary with her sister to have this procedure done and within 6 hours, she was hiking through the mountains and actually had a beer (she was infected for a year and a half, ouch:eek:). Even though this radical procedure has a 90% cure rate, most doctors won't perform it for the squeamish factor. It can be performed at home, where most of the procedures have been done.

Maybe that's why us Canadians have better teeth than the Brits.:D

See, Now for the sisters I can picture the home remedy for this ....the healthy sister loads up on beans and milkshakes for a couple of days...buys a hollow flexible double headed **** at the local sex shop ( Possibly even owned already ? ) ....cut a hole on each end...insert and let the healthy pressurized sister get to the healing.

Brothers...go see the damn doctor :eek:
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited November 2007
    Toxis wrote: »
    Dead link.

Funny how this came about the day after I told my brother about 2girls1cup. I told him about it and that he never needs to watch it but he did anyway. I refuse to, period.

LOL It's like a train wreck! no matter how hard you try to not watch you just keep taking peeks to see if its really what you saw!!

(insert throwup smiley here)
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics