Lightman1 -- Cool dude

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Lightman1 is a cool guy --

Down to earth, has alot of experience with some gear...

Was a pleasure to have him over and enjoy some tunes

Looking forwards to the fest...

:)
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    Thanks and back atcha there young man. Doors always open if you ever want to drop off the Tylers.;) Tom and I are trying to figure out how we can get you into the Gentlemans Club. We'll keep you posted.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    I'm suprised you Trey's house alive.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    hahhaha

After the subwoofer demo... surprised any of us left alive
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Agreed. We had a good time knocking some brews back the little bit I got to hang out with Russ. Super cool guy, and I'm definitely looking forward to meeting everyone else in the Charlotte area soon!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Aww shucks fellers!!:o Thanks
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    So when you getting some Taylos??? ;)
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Gonna have to sell one of the kids. Trying to figure out which one will get the better price. Can I list them in the FS here?:D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited November 2007
    "How much for the little girl? I want to buy the little girl."

JUST KIDDING! I saw it on a movie once and thought it was funny.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Ha!

See I have a theory, if I can get EVERYONE around me to own Taylo 7u's -- we can start a revolution... lol

Im kidding, I swear

But Tom, next time you are bored - you need to come by and listen to these 7u's - full range on the Stratos Extreme, the bass clarity and punch is surreal...

Im not even running my subs right now
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    The Blues Brothers!
    Four fried chickens and a Coke..
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    That's it Russ! :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Ha!

See I have a theory, if I can get EVERYONE around me to own Taylo 7u's -- we can start a revolution... lol

Im kidding, I swear

But Tom, next time you are bored - you need to come by and listen to these 7u's - full range on the Stratos Extreme, the bass clarity and punch is surreal...

Im not even running my subs right now

I was nothing but impressed. They are very detailed speaker. It's true about the low end, it's all around you from the kick-drum to pin point on the bass guitar. Mids and highs, nothing but stellar. Forward if needed, then somehow placing a guitar lick behind you. No gaps in the frequencies all the way up to the high-hat detail.
    Two thumbs and a big toe up!
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Glad you liked them --

As soon as you left, after hearing the bass response reall for the first time since I unhooked the subs --

I almost contemplated selling the Subs, VMPS speaks, Outlaw, trading in the 7u and going Super Towers

But then I turned on the 7u and refused to move haha

But glad you liked them!
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited November 2007
    Ha!

Damn upgraditis. I want Taylo 7u's!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    If you have the room to open these babies up, the pinpoint imaging is simply stellar. Ted's LR proved that to me. They still need augmentation on the lowest of frequencies IMO, because they are not a full range speaker. I have to admit, these are the nicest speaker I have heard to date below 5K.

Trey, I'll have to check out the new setup w/o the subs soon.
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Im curious to hear a pair of Super Towers in a room Ted's size --

The bass problem should be totally gone

But yeah, in a big room - I have heard few speakers that are better