Opinions Please.

millerman 3732
millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
I 've recently gotten my HD DVD player repaired AGAIN, and I got it back from the repair center about three weeks ago, not long after I noticed some of the disc I played in it where freezing up or skipping badly, I figured it was a bad disc or a problem with the new firmware so I really didn' think about it that much until Friday night I was playing a disc that I had never had any problems with before and it froze up, so I took the disc out to check for finger prints and found that a ring had been scratched all the way around the disc about a half inch in from the outside, this got me worried so I checked some of the other disc I had played in it since I got it back from the repair center and all of them have a ring scratched an them, some where really bad, but a few of them might still play, anyway my question is should the company the did the repair work be responsible for replacing the scratched disc?
Casey
H/T: Epson 6500ub
Sony UBP-X800
Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
Outlaw 7125
Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
Polk RTi6
SVS PB 12 plus/2
Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
Post edited by millerman 3732 on

Comments

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited November 2007
    If it's local then yes. Take it to them with an undamaged blank disc and then put it in. Or better yet, make them put in one of the discs that they use to test machines after they are repaired. They should repair your machine again and pay for the damaged discs that you tried to play after getting it "repaired" the first time.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited November 2007
    Well here's the deal, I spoke with the repair center this morning and this is what they told me,''they only use Toshiba parts and that all there techs had been trained by Toshiba and that all work is done up Toshiba standards'' and that basically Toshiba is responsible for faulty work that may occur . Also that the only made $35 per repair and that they couldn't see Toshiba holding them responsible for for what amounts to around $270 worth of HD DVD and SD DVD.

So after I got off the phone with the repair center I called Toshiba and told them every thing that the repair center told me, and he told me exactly what I thought he would say, ''they did the work they are responsible for any damage it may have caused to any disc.'' which makes since to me

Finally after going back and forth between Toshiba and the repair center for about two hours I told one of the supervisor at the repair center that I was tired of going back and forth between the two them with the whole '' they said tell you this'' and ''then they said tell you that'' BS, So this afternoon I got a call from a guy at Toshiba and he told me that they where going to be refund my money for the player, but the movies where going to have to wait until the repair center get the player back and determine what exactly was scratching the disc and who is really at fault, so I'm getting my money back on the player and and should be getting my disc replaced so I guess today wasn't so bad.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited November 2007
    Glad to hear at least someone is handling this well. Hopefully you'll get your money back on the DVD's as well.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.