Advice on rear speakers and Amp

bobmel2
bobmel2 Posts: 9
edited November 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi All I am a newbe on car audio and having some confusion as to my back speakers on a 2008 Honda Civic w/nav. I am looking into buying the MMC 6500 component system for front but am undicided on the rear. I am on a limited budget. I looking to add an amp possibly a Alpine F250 to power the front and rear speakers. My question should I add new rears or keep the stock speakers. I would like to keep them as fill, but will the amp blow them? Confused? Could use some advice thanks.
Post edited by bobmel2 on

Comments

• bluzrip
    bluzrip Posts: 93
    edited November 2007
    I prefer no rear speakers but many people like some rear fill. There is no harm in leaving your stock rear speakers as it will be easy to hook up. Try fading all the way toward the front then slowly head the other direction and stop as soon as you sense that the "soundfield sounds larger" to you. If you like it, keep it that way.
    "You can tell by the kindness of a dog how a human should be." Don Van Vliet
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited November 2007
    I have the mmc690's for rear speakers in my civic. And although they sound great, I don't really use them. They're pretty much faded out most of the time to be honest
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    If youre wanting to keep the rear speakers then yes, get new ones. Stock sucks!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D