After nearly a century the Green Fairy returns to the US

2»

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that Lucid determined what is classified as a drug by the FDA and DEA. I must not be in the loop. I hope you noticed the caveat about "modified".

But which of the US brands have you tried to claim it's BS? I've had both.

Did you even read the quote from the pres. of Lucid?
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited November 2007
    The last time I had it, well it seemed to be pretty good! Of course when she tells you that she's out of glasses, pours it down the front of her and tells you to use your ............ ooops a little residue from the 70's just kicked loose :o What happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans :D
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    Ron-P wrote: »
    But which of the US brands have you tried to claim it's BS? I've had both.

Did you even read the quote from the pres. of Lucid?

I never said BS, just asking a question and pointing out the wording. Yes, I've had it before and it's nothing like what I had in Europe.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2007
    I never said BS,...

Really, then what's this?...
    Yea, go overseas, the US version is BS.

...Yes, I've had it before and it's nothing like what I had in Europe.

Unless you've had it since May of this year and either the Lucid or Kubler brand then you had the fake US version of the stuff. It's always been available in the States in a "modified" version without the wormwood.
    If...
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    I guess I did say BS, my memory must be getting worse.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
  • Ron-P
    edited November 2007
    I guess I did say BS, my memory must be getting worse.

It's just a sign of old age....;)
    If...
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    I think I may have in fact had the fake stuff you mentioned. I don't recall the brand but after reading about it much more on the internet, can only guess. It was night and day different and it wasn't either of the two recent brands you posted....soooo

What's the cost per bottle roughly? I'm gonna ask my buddy in Jersey to send me a bottle.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    $50 for Lucid, on average.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    That's reasonable.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    I ended up in a jail in Irving TX the last time I drank this stuff. You don't want to wake up in Irving with a head 10 times bigger than your body, the police have no shame when it comes to torturing your hangover. The best part about this is that Irving at the time was dry.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited November 2007
    Beats a jail in Okinowa!
    Maybe a bit better than jail in Jacksonville, N.C.
    Boy, I sure don't miss lost nights any more.
    Or waking up with a fat girl.
    And wondering why your car has gunshot holes..........:eek:
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 574
    edited December 2007
    I bought some of this (Lucid) the other day. It's not bad, tastes like an after-dinner drink to me. The buzz, for me, seemed as normal as any other 120 proof liquor.
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Marantz SR7012 Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15 Subs: 2 SVS Sb13 Ultra (HT Only) Analysis Plus Cables
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Absinthe has a buzz similar to real honest to goodness mescal.