Sipping USPS Via UPS store... Also a public apology

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Don't do it!
I have had the biggest headache from this venture. I needed to ship to a person to a PO Box, and it is taking forever. UPS Store was nearly no help at all. I went to the Post office, and gave them the numbers, Date of shipping, and addresses. The guy at the post office said it takes 3 to 5 weeks to deliver to where I had to send it. Alaska from Ft Lauderdale. The UPS store sent it parcel not Priority like I asked. I have been stressing, and a fellow Polkie has been stressing. All I have to say is if you are going to ship via USPS do it at the post office! While there I also noticed how much they mark up the bubble packages that I have been using all along for shipping cables:mad::confused:
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    Ship my cables however works, and in whatever packaging; as long as they arrive in 1 piece :). Don't put yourself through that again!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    I always use the USPS with a Del Con and Insurance!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    The UPS store here is fine as long as you're shipping UPS. Luckily I have one and a Post Office within a half mile of me.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    edited November 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Ship my cables however works, and in whatever packaging; as long as they arrive in 1 piece :). Don't put yourself through that again!

Shipped, and I have tracking for you soon.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Hi ben just wanted you to know that the stressing can stop, your package showed up this afternoon. It was packed well and everything works great, Hell if i had known it was shipped parcel post I wouldndt have even started looking for it yet lol.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2007
    I always use the USPS with a Dev Con and Insurance!

I try not to go beyond Defcon 4.
    med_gallery_22_139556.jpg
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    i shipped a receiver last January, and it took over 2 weeks to arrive in Alaska. it had to go by barge :eek::confused: and I live much closer to AK then you do. but it arrived just fine.. except it smelled like fish :eek: ;):p

JK!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ben62670
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    Hi ben just wanted you to know that the stressing can stop, your package showed up this afternoon. It was packed well and everything works great, Hell if i had known it was shipped parcel post I wouldndt have even started looking for it yet lol.

REGARDS SNOW

All I have to say is...
    Damn!

Lesson learned. No more USPS from UPS store!
    UPS=good
    USPS=good
    UPS store + USPS=no good

Edit
    I just want to publicly say thanks Snow for your patience through my blunder. He is a straight up guy!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    You'll never be forgiven....give up. Quit while you're ahead.

kidding
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2007
    I'm glad it all worked out guys!:)
    Carl

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Shipping USPS at a UPS store?

Isn't that like trying to get a Big Mac at Burger King?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Lasareath wrote: »
    I sold $155 of beef jerky on ebay once for $75 shipped. with UPS it was going to cost me like $33 to ship it to alaska. So I shipped it USPS, which cost me 8 and change. But it took 37 days. The buyer almost gave me a negative feedback. I was just about to refund him the money when he said he had received it.

I ship UPS 99.8% of the time. Everything you ship with them takes no more than 3 to 7days. there's a tracking # and for each additional $1.50 I can increase the insurance $100.00

I only deal with USPS when my life is going so smooth that I need some depression and headaches ;)

Sal
    Yes if you ship parcel post it can and will take weeks anywhere from 16 days min up to 6 weeks it goes by ground to seattle then gets put on a barge which takes a week or so to get to anchorage then goes from there ,usally airmail from anchorage to wherever its headed. The problem lies in that the barge doesnt leave till its full which could take weeks in and of itself. Priority mail on the other hand goes airmail all the way and usally takes 3-5 days 7 at most 4 days is average.

The last thing I had shipped from florida was a 60lb amp it was sent on the 14th of sept and arrived on the 17 of sept.

This item took 23 days to arrive so when i thought it had been shipped priority and it hadnt arrived I was sure it was either lost or stolen, and unfortunately the gal at the UPS store told Ben that he couldndt get a tracking number on US mail
    so I couldndt see if it was sitting at my local post office or where it might be.

Thankfully Ben was able to find out it had been shipped parcel post then I wasnt so concerned and as it turns out all was well.

The only thing I can say is Thanks Ben for a great deal.

And if anyone ships USPS buy the delivery confirmation its only 65 cents and will save everyone involved a great deal of grief its for your protection as a buyer and as a seller.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    I have a buddy who bought a UPS store franchise based on my advise about 3 years ago now. He does pretty good when UPS isn’t **** him.

UPS is expensive to HI and AK because its all air (3rd day at the least). USPS sends stuff by boat.

When I sold big time on ebay I also only shipped UPS. I was assured 99.99% delivery. I tried the "$3 priority" with the post office and I swear to you my stuff only had a 50% delivery rate and I ended up losing money due to having to send product out a second time.

Just remember this, if you have the UPS store (or one of the actual UPS shipping centers in the UPS buildings) pack your packages, you are 100% covered for damage shipping (because they did it).

People rip shipping companied for breaking stuff but I worked there for 15 years and you would be amazed what people think they can ship stuff in. 95% of packages I saw beat to hell were not packed right.

I saw a $10000 server once basically dropped in a box 2 times to big for it with no packing… thing got hammered… claim denied strait up.

I still have 100% trust in UPS shipping even thought I hate the place as an employer lol
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    Funny I have a UPS store box # that I use for a business and I ship via. USPS priority mail but I never send my boxes out via. the UPS store. I just felt it wasn't right, I guess my feelings where right all along. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma