who's hitting the sales on black Friday?

2»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    I've never done it before and have no interest in putting up those kinds of crowds, but if I can find a great deal on the perfect laptop, I'll be very tempted.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2007
    i got the day off on friday just to hit the sales. but after thinking about how hectic traffic and other things are gonna be, i've decided to just sleep in. i'm good at finding deals. so there is no deal out there worth waking up and waiting in line and chancing traffic accidents and wasting gas.

...i say this now. but if by chance i find a deal too sweet to pass up, who knows, i may end up camping out.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited November 2007
    Not going to a sale, just Home Depot to get a sink flange and strainer to finish our kitchen remodel. :D
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    No way. Car deductable is $1000. Not going to compete with folks using their car as sledge hammers just to save a few hundred bucks at the risk of a $25,000 vehicle.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2007
    I`m thinking about the 799 , 42: plasma at CC...thanks for the thread..sheesh !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    That was my first and last time I ever attempt to go buy something at the start of black friday. My Staples, which is ALWAYS quiet, had massive lines. People most have flocked in from all over.

Paying the extra $20-$30 for what I wanted to buy in a couple weeks is fine.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    Hahahaha. I woke up at 11:30 this morning. I think I probably missed out on most of the deals. :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited November 2007
    I went to Staples this morning with my wife and picked up 2 WD 400 gig hard drives and a battery back up for $150.00.
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2007
    So... got to the Circuit City this morning. They had a line of over 2000 people! Not only that, but when they opened the doors at 5, the morons at the front of the line tried to bum rush the store, and the employees had to barricade the doors and call in riot police! What the hell is wrong with people?

Still, a fun experience. It's becoming a tradition for me and I'm half debating opening a coffee stand near our stores next year; we could have made a grand easy from coffee alone.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    crap am I tired today. I didn't get any sleep. :(

I got to Best Buy @ 1:30am! :eek: and there were about 300 people in front of me. They started handing out tickets for items at 3am. I got the laptop I was looking for. It's sweet too. AMD Turion 2gig ram baby. ;)

Oh yeah, it was only 17 freakin' degrees outside too!! :eek::eek::eek:

then once inside, I had to wait in line another 90 minutes to get the dang laptop. :confused: the crowds were insane. I'm glad I when thru hell to get it though. I am still drowsy from no sleep all night. But I got me a nice new laptop for $599 :D:D:D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited November 2007
    I have no BB or CC in my area, so I took advantage of the Craftsman 19.2 volt cordless drill package for $39.99 at K-mart. Doors opened at 6 am. I got there @ 6:05, and bought the last 4 they had.:)
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    You people who go out today are EF-in nuts. On my way back from the in-laws last night there was over a two mile long back up for The off ramp to Birch Run(MI) on I-75 It was 11:54. I guess all those who don't know they don't know were headed to blose store.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    went to Staples in the afternoon.. nobody in the store. and they were still honoring any early bird specials from this morning as long as it was still in stock.

i picked up a 500Gig ext HD for $79 (with mail in rebates, which I do religiously) :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    went to Staples in the afternoon.. nobody in the store. and they were still honoring any early bird specials from this morning as long as it was still in stock.

i picked up a 500Gig ext HD for $79 (with mail in rebates, which I do religiously) :)

For some reason the staples.com site was honoring all the earlybird specials as well....I just did all my shopping online :)

DB you love mail in rebate....I love easy rebates :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited November 2007
    I just got home from work. Today actually went pretty fast since it was so busy. Had to work from 4:15am to 10pm. Beer tastes really good after an 18 hour day...