http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=688187

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2007
    I can understand about putting a 'hitlist' on people but i dont see anything wrong in offering your defense extra for during their job?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    It's against the rules. If you break the rules then you are a cheater....therefore anything you've done is in question, no?

(you did note the smiley at the end of my post, no? I just figgerd I'd throw some gas on the football debate fire)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    NO WAY YOU GUYS JUST ALL HATE THEM. I'M GOING TO GRAB MY BLANKY AND BITE ON IT REAL HARD WHILE PISSING MYSELF IN THE CORNER. WHY IS THE WORLD AGAINST US? OH, SAINT CLIFF, WON'T YOU PLEASE COME RESCUE US FROM THIS CRUEL INJUSTICE.

crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

I hope Emmitt Smith didn't read about this. smiley_love_kissing.gif
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited November 2007
    I think that's a dumb rule...

Having said that i see where you're going, and there's a difference between a coaching staff organizing and implementing a plan to cheat, and a bunch of guys all juiced up on adrenaline in the locker room throwing around chunk change.

:D
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited November 2007
    teammates giving other teammates goals and incentives to try harder is cheating? Ggive me a break!

They didn't video tape the opposing teams play calls.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2007
    I couldn't figure out why they don't allow performance specific goals: works fine in baseball, why not in football?
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • irishaz
    irishaz Posts: 161
    edited November 2007
    I think this came into question after two of the Packers "targets", Adrian Peterson and Larry Johnson, suffered potentially season ending injuries in consecutive weeks.

I'm a Viking season ticket holder and I have to say, I loathe the Packer home game. I have never been around a group of more moronic sociopaths in my life. That being said, I don't see anything wrong with incentives among players. When Buddy Ryan put a bounty on a kicker a few years back, now that was wrong. But hey, it was Buddy Ryan, what are we to expect?
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Its the Referee...Umpire...Field Judge....all seven of their jobs to officiate the game.....what is said in the locker room ( I have heard MUCH worse firsthand ) is irrelevant. Thats not cheating in any way shape of form.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited November 2007
    The original reason for the ban was that some teams paid a bounty to a player for knocked a key player from the opposing team out of the game due to an injury. To me that is far different than a bonus for stopping a running game. But I don't know the exact wording of the rule. It may be just as clear as the one the Pats broke, or very vague.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Buddy Ryan use to do it all the time. I think if the bounty is between the players it shouldn't be a big deal unless they are putting bounties like breaking bones or really trying to hurt someone.

Anything above a player and I would consider it cheating.