Why..........

2»

Comments

• Manilaboy
    Manilaboy Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    I guess arguements in this forum or any fora can't really be avoided... might as well dedicate a thread where anyone whose got any problems with anybody can dish it out no holds barred. "The arena" seems an appropriate thread title. ;)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    In response to Refefer, I have to strongly disagree that my post was a personal attack. I'll expand my point in order to clarify it. If your always going to be that guy who's opinion is....say....outside of the majority (whatever it happens to be), then your going to have ALOT of people disagreeing with you.

I've been there. IF I have an opinion that goes against the grain at the time, then so be it. I'll give the opinion, suffer the slings and arrows and move on. you cant claim people are ganging up on you if you and one other guy are the only ones that share an opinion on a certain point.

To come back and say "I'm being ganged up on here" and "I wont be intimidated" and blah blah blah (of course I'm paraphrasing). Someone countering a point your making is NOT an attempt to intimidate you. When one responds in the way I have seen Silverti respond, it invites, and incites ridicule and strife.

I've seen many people here make points, have the point disagreed with (by many), and said people have handled it with grace and panash........and have garnered more respect for it. If someone disagrees with anything I say, I dont take it personally.

IF I point out that Silverti can act a little whiney, in my eyes I'm doing him a favor, not making a personal attack.

if someone walks down the street with a huge piece of toilet paper sticking out the back of there pants, and you yell "DUDE!!!!! ya got TP coming out yer pants!!!!!!".....is that a personal attack? :D I say nay
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    yea all you old guys quit sharing your experience and doing stuff, especially if the new guy does not like it.

RT1--muffin eater
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    I have 2360 post and have only been attacked 1546 times.......

I love this forum...:):):)

Group HUGGGGGG!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    sourpuss.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Manilaboy wrote: »
    I guess arguements in this forum or any fora can't really be avoided... might as well dedicate a thread where anyone whose got any problems with anybody can dish it out no holds barred. "The arena" seems an appropriate thread title. ;)
    That would be exceptionally entertaining but not to CPs best interest :)

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    Manilaboy wrote: »

It would be more like,

The Arena 1
    The Arena 2
    The Arena 3
    The Arena 4
    The Arena 5
    The Arena 6
    The Arena 7
    The Arena 8
    The Arena 9
    The Arena 10
    The Arena 11
    The Arena 12
    The Arena 13
    The Arena 14
    The Arena 15
    The Arena 16
    The Arena 17
    The Arena 18
    The Arena 19
    The Arena 20
    The Arena 21
    The Arena 22
    The Arena 23
    The Arena 24
    The Arena 25
    The Arena 26
    The Arena 27
    ....etc...etc...etc...etc...:p:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2007
    We used to have a forum for that until Bulltinkle destroyed it out of spite.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    This kind of thing goes on with all forums to some degree or another. All you have to do is ignore it. Probably the most civil of forums I've ever been on is the Poolforum and GlockTalk (believe it or not).
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2007
    It's all just words on a computer for gods sake. I think some people could do with some thicker skin.

And I like my muffins brunette with olive skin. Not the low fat kind but maybe 2% or skim.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Because.
    F1nut wrote: »
    So, would you like some cheese with that whine?

Put a sock in it old guy
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    Would you like some cheese too?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    No thanks, got plenty in the fridge. Sounds like your supplying the wine though:eek::p
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    I only drinks my cheap Merlot, but you guys enjoy your whine.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    with your mahegany pipe??

Lou pretty much nailed it, IMO. I think the folks that have problems, generally bring them upon themselves.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    I was going to post something, but I forgot what this thread was about.

..... you know, I have to get up in an hour, I really out to get to bed.

We got our turkey tonight, was going to get a bottle of wine, too. Not Merlot .... not my favorite.
    Found out that liquor sales stop at 1:00 am.
    Dam you Shop and Save !!

Also found out tonight that there's a lot of muffin eaters on here. I've suspected that for some time. I'll be watching.

Okay, ...... I think somewhere in here I might have covered something that will keep me from getting tasered for being off-topic.

So enjoy Turkey Day tomorrow !
    Sal Palooza