Early B is cool! ;)

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Brad is a cool dude --

What a rocking HT setup he has right now... once he gets music dialed in -- he'll be ready to roll...

Great host, cool guy and his friend, Ken I beleive it was - has alot of good gear just laying around thats not plugged up *sigh* lol

But cool guy -- was a pleasure to meet him...

He just needs to get a different driveway - my truck + his driveway = hell

Anyways left at 10am -- just now got settled back down
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    Yes he is Trey. I've had many a conversation with him and I have also had many transactions for audio gear to boot. It's always a pleasure to deal with him, whether it's a sale or just BS'n about audio over the phone. Class act.

Trey, you ain't so bad yourself. For those that don't know, he has been driving all day from Charlotte to Atlanta and back to pick up his newly acquired speakers as well as my speakers [which are already hooked up :D ]. Above and beyond the call of duty and much appreciated. ;)

I can't wait to meet both him and his bud, Ken when I go to pick up my amp soon. Yes, EarlyB I'll take my shoes off. Trey says your house is immaculate. Anyway, back to the point. Yes, EarlyB is a pretty damn cool guy and a great person.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Haha

Thanks ---

Tom - same goes for you man, everyone I've met on this forum has been a class act - through and through

How are you liking the Taylos??
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Teaser
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    How are you liking the Taylos??
    :D:D:D Does that answer your question?

I have to operate on one of the speakers. Daggum wire must have gotten loose on the trip. One tweet isn't broadcasting. Oh well, I'll deal with it tomorrow. The Focal's are hitting the top end for now and it's frustrating not to be able to crank it up right off the bat, but I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate my patience. In time.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Weird...

You dont plan to keep on stacking do you?
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    Dunno. What I'm hearing I like so far. We'll see when I sit down for some critical listening. Babylon Sisters by Steely Dan sounds really good. When the other tweeter is in the loop, it may screw up the imaging. Then again it may enhance.

I can tell you this....The Tylers have nice, accurate mids and even at low volume, you can "feel" the tightness and control. Not as "busy" as the sound was in the mids and that's definitely more than welcome in my rig. It's weird though. It's almost as if the sound is "quieter" when music is playing. That's a good thing. Real nice sound.
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    most definitely..

These VMPS speakers are pretty impressive at low volumes -- alot more "kick" to them at low low levels unlike the Taylos -- Taylos when you get to a slightly higher level have the kick...

But since the VMPS does Super Tweet > Tweet > Mid > Midbass > Bass -- lol

Lots of mid kick in there
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    Sweet. I'll expect a full report when you get some time to "properly" give them a workout. :p

You gonna try and run both at the same time just for **** and giggles? :eek:
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    haha -- I think I'll pass at running both at the same time

Now, keep this in mind...

LOL

I'm running, count them...

SIX ACTIVE 12" Woofers
    TWO ACTIVE 15" Woofers
    TWO PASSIVE 15" Woofers
    TWO PASSIVE 12" Woofers

I have enough woofers to recreate a shuttle launch
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have to operate on one of the speakers. Daggum wire must have gotten loose on the trip. One tweet isn't broadcasting. Oh well, I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Huh?

Sid -- didn't you have a similar issue with your 7U's at Polkfest? How was it resolved?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    that was an equipment issue at polkfest, all the tweets were cutting out on all speakers in the livingroom rig (and actually desoldered a wire on the tweeter of Sid's Taylos) an easy fix though.

those tweeter wires on the Taylos might be REAL gentle.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • VR3
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, the tweeter is all point-to-point, so no circuit boards, all floating wires...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Cool, nice EB it's good when Polkies converge.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Yeah...well ,if Early was that cool,he'd offer up that Marsh amp for Kharma.:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Yeah...well ,if Early was that cool,he'd offer up that Marsh amp for Kharma.:D

I sold the Marsh amp to a guy in the Netherlands.:p

As you can imagine, shipping costs were quite high.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."