DB6500 tweeters fit too loose in mounting cups

poxcr
poxcr Posts: 9
edited November 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
After installing the DB6500 speakers in my car using the flush mount cups a per instructions in the included manual, I noticed that the tweeters sit very loose in the mounting cups.

The manual instructs mounting the tweeters by snapping them into the cups, but unfortunately nothing seems to snap in or hold them in the cups when I push them in; they just fall out of the cups. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Post edited by poxcr on

Comments

• Bubba -NJ
    Bubba -NJ Posts: 45
    edited November 2007
    I have the same tweeters(2-sets) . When I installed mine in the cups , all 4 kinda went in differently but tightly , 1 was real tight and the other 3 are adjustable(they pivot in the cups) . It was a little tricky pressing them in and not crushing the grills on them though . If they don't fit right try getting new cups or returning if possible . Good luck .
  • poxcr
    edited November 2007
    I think I know what the problem is.

After looking closely to the back of the cups, I noticed that the cables that go through the hole are crushed between the back of the tweeter and the cup itself.

Do you know if there are different versions of the cups?
  • Bubba -NJ
    edited November 2007
    All my cups are identical , 2 wholes for the wires to pass through . I'm not aware of different versions of the cups .
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2007
    your wires on your tweater should be places through the hole in the cup and then line up the area where the wires come from with the hole, thats it.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • poxcr
    edited November 2007
    your wires on your tweater should be places through the hole in the cup and then line up the area where the wires come from with the hole, thats it.

That's how it is set up. Yet, the cables seems to be keeping the tweeter from clicking in place. I'll try to post some pics.
  • poxcr
    edited November 2007
    Still having issues. I used a dremel to enlarge the cable pass through holes. Now the cable passes through without any problems and the bottom of the tweeter touches the bottom of the cups. Still, the tweeter doesn´t snap in. :mad:
  • poxcr
    edited November 2007
    Any more suggestions anyone?
  • Bubba -NJ
    edited November 2007
    Contact Polk about your problem . Maybe they'll give you a couple new cups .
  • poxcr
    edited November 2007
    I spoke to Kim at Polk customer service. Without hesitation he sent me replacement cups and tweeters.

I got them today and the tweeters snap in properly. Sweet! I would like to commend Kim on a job well done.

Thanks!