X-mas Doesnt look good

GSRBOB
GSRBOB Posts: 172
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well i hope nobody minds, but i thought id blow off some steam here. Man who new the first 5 years were so hard being married. Im just 3yrs into it and it feels like its not gonna wrk. If we split now it will be my worst X-mas ever. :(
Onkyo TX-NR801
Fronts- RTi 10's
Center- CSi5
Rear- Coming Soon
Sub- Velo DPS-10
Pwr- Monster HTS 3600
LCD- KDL-40XBR2
Post edited by GSRBOB on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    Marriage takes 110% from both sides. If you feel it isn't working, re-evaluate what percentage you are putting in on your part and don't lie or make excuses, and put in the 110%. Even if she doesn't. If you love her as you did the day you married her, this effort will be worth it.

Good luck and best wishes.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    Best of luck to you and I hope it all works out.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2007
    So sorry to hear. Hope things work out for the best for both of you.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2007
    Marriage can be trying at times, but it's a 2-way street. My philosophy has always been try and make it work especially if children are involved. But, you do not want to be unhappy for the rest of your life. Ever think of 3rd party help? Is it worth saving? Only you have the answers to those questions my friend. Good luck and I hope everything works out.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • GSRBOB
    edited November 2007
    Thanx. You arent kidding about the %110.
    Onkyo TX-NR801
    Fronts- RTi 10's
    Center- CSi5
    Rear- Coming Soon
    Sub- Velo DPS-10
    Pwr- Monster HTS 3600
    LCD- KDL-40XBR2
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2007
    I don't know your situation. I hope I am not way off here, but...
    The best advice I can give is to focus hard on yourself. If you meet my X you would see that I am not trying to say it is an easy thing. Be real careful to your responses. Words in anger are held on till death by a lot of women. It took me a year of counseling to help learn to keep my mouth shut. I learned that yelling doesn't make the other hear ya. I argued back way too much, and got nasty with the name calling. She will never forget the things I said. Don't get me wrong it was a 2 way street with the verbal abuse, but guys typically get over it where women don't. If you have kids be extremely careful about them not seeing any fighting.
    I wish the best of luck to you, and I will add you to my prayer list. If you or anyone needs a judgmentally free ear to hear please let me know. I have been through it.

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited November 2007
    Marriage has its ups and downs. You work through it. Good luck.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I don't know your situation. I hope I am not way off here, but...
    The best advice I can give is to focus hard on yourself. If you meet my X you would see that I am not trying to say it is an easy thing. Be real careful to your responses. Words in anger are held on till death by a lot of women. It took me a year of counseling to help learn to keep my mouth shut. I learned that yelling doesn't make the other hear ya. I argued back way too much, and got nasty with the name calling. She will never forget the things I said. Don't get me wrong it was a 2 way street with the verbal abuse, but guys typically get over it where women don't. If you have kids be extremely careful about them not seeing any fighting.
    I wish the best of luck to you, and I will add you to my prayer list. If you or anyone needs a judgmentally free ear to hear please let me know. I have been through it.

Ben

+1000! Marriage is work. If you don't do the work right, you get fired.
    Ben makes a great point. Just try to see EACH others side of the argument and go from there.

Too late for me, though. I live alone in a house full of speakers and vintage audio equipment. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!
    Work things out.
    On my PL as well.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Marriage is not a 50 - 50 proposition. It is a 100 - 100 proposition. You must be always willing to bend on all issues. Sometimes that seems impossible but the thing to remember when bad things are going down is this thought, "I love this person so much and more than anything else in the world that I vowed to do so until death." When me and Phyllisann are having our bad time (and we all do) I ALWAYS remind myself how much I love her and that makes it impossible for me to say or do anything rash or hurtful to her.

A friend of mine just recently told me that when his wife gets the hormonal crazies (which is very hard to deal with but not impossible) the best thing to do when it's going down is to get close her and tell her that you are sorry and will try to do better next time. That works for me every time that I've used since he told me that.

The other thing here is that you both have to realize three years in, you are still having to learn to live with another completely different individual who is hard wired completely different than you. That can take a heck of a lot more years . . . people do it all the time.

Tell her you love her! Tell her you'll try to do better next time. Then tell her that you need each other to get through the stressful holiday season. Then go and have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Very Merry and Blessed Christmas.
  • GSRBOB
    edited November 2007
    Thanx Ben and everyone. I really need to work on cuttin down the verbal abuse. I never thought about it, but your right, guys dont really hold on to the verbal comments like woman do. And i hate 4 my son to see us this way. I'm trying and i'll keep trying. Thanx again 4 the support and positive energy here.
    Onkyo TX-NR801
    Fronts- RTi 10's
    Center- CSi5
    Rear- Coming Soon
    Sub- Velo DPS-10
    Pwr- Monster HTS 3600
    LCD- KDL-40XBR2
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2007
    This really helps when dealing with your spouse, and many other trials in life.

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

A.) You can not change your spouse. I tried it did not work. It got worse.
    B.) You can change yourself.
    C.) If you do change yourself your spouse may want to change them self.
    D.) How I react is my responsibility. What she does should not dictate your reaction.

Sorry if I sound like I am preaching. I wish I knew then what I know now.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben