Thankful?

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, it's that time of year again.....time to start thinking of how we should be thankful as opposed to whining about what we don't have. So, I'll start this year....

I'm thankful for my wife, family and friends (which includes a number of you f**ksticks) first and foremost.

These gov't funded junkets to the sandbox tends to put things in perspective for me. It's easy to get down about what life seems to withhold from you but things like this really cement with is and what is not really meaningful.

BDT

Oh, and I WOULD give my left nut to listen to my rig about now.
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for guys like you who put there lives on the line so we can have the freedom to say; I am thankful first to God for giving me my wife and two sons all of whom I love with every ounce of my being!

I am also thankful for most all of you goons out there, even the ones that don't like me. You keep me honest.

I'm thankful and grateful that the Lord has seen it fit for me to enjoy my family and friends and give me the ability to help others.

It's late and I'm seeing double so I'm sure I will have much more when I'm thinking less of going to sleep.
  • TroyD
    edited November 2007
    Appreciate the sentiment however, let me clarify......as far as me and danger goes, I'm far more likely to be seriously injured at a Polkfest tripping over something reaching for the handle of Beam.

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for my family and friends.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    i'm thankful for alcohol and Fridays. i'm a simple guy what can I say? :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful yet surprised I'm alive and married and that my phone rings off the hook for Thanksgiving invitations. Looking back, I should have been slain, sent to a concentration camp, or sent to a re-education center.

But folks like TroyD airlifted my ****$ out and here I am typing a comment on an audio forum halfway around the world.

Thx
  • TroyD
    edited November 2007
    Hey, us airlifters say 'No one kicks **** without an AMC (used to be MAC) boarding pass'

BDT
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    I give thanks for what is, and thanks for would could be but isn't.

And to all the grunts, flyboys, salts, and doughboys, thanks for your effort; if your efforts and contributions are returned at least in small measure in kind, life will be good.

I'm thankful for the folks who set up this country in the first place; it is amazing the forsight they had.

I'm thankful to my ancestors for the gifts they've given me, however hidden they may be. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for my wonderful wife, my amazing family (mom and pops, brother and sisters), my beautiful daughter, the one on the way, my warm home, and steady job (among other things).
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful the electricity and cable are still on. On a serious note. I'm thankful for the Family I have helped created and all the joy they bring me, and that we have a little girl on the way.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for my family and friends who I miss alot now that I live a few states away.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for my wife, the fact that my step children all are very close to me. I'm thankful for alot of things, life has been good. This marks my 25th year working for the dept of defense; 15 of it regular Army. I've worked full time since I was 16, and I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that I'm in a position that I don't really "want" for anything. Those of you not there yet, it's true---life begins at 40. I'm thankful that my mom & dad are still doing well in their 70's, and that our family is close. I'm very thankful that I haven't forgotten where I came from---and will make an effort to ensure I never do.

Troy, I appreciate your sacrifice as well. I'm a Desert Storm vet, and while you may be in a safe place--I'm sure it's the seperation that is the difficult thing--at least it was for me. As men, we rarely fear for ourselves, we worry more about those left behind. Stay safe bubba.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    I am thankful for my dogs, my bird and my health. I am thankkful for my friends and my family and my job and my potential.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    I am thankful that my wife has made it through the first trimester and everything is proceeding normally!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for having a very cool, understanding wife. I'm thankful for loyal and trustworthy friends. I'm thankful for living a relativly good life. I've had ups and downs, but compared to others more unfortunate, i've been pretty blessed.

I'm thankful for not wanting for the basics in life (food, shelter, healthcare)
    when my biggest financial worry is how I'm going to get the cash to put a Supercharger on my Mustang, I HAVE to be thankful of that.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    This time of year is BS.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2007
    I was talking with Joe, and he had said you were going to be there for a few more months. I know how it feels to be without family, and in a crappy place. My system is down now. I wish I could just kick back on my sofa, and listen to some tunes in peace. I am kinda between places right now so tunes are on the back burner. I hope you can make it home for Christmas. I'll pray that God comforts you, and your family.

Ben

Edit
    When I was up North visiting my family my preacher gave an awesome sermon on having an attitude of gratitude. Its real easy to be thankful when things are good, but the test is how thankful are we when things are not going well. It really helps in prayer, or even just thinking, or saying out loud what you are thankful for when stuff is not going well.

Take care
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    This time of year is BS.

So you hate the Holidays.....and Carver amps?

let the hate GOOOOOOO!!! ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    I am thankful for life first and foremost. For other things I am thankful for......

You have an hour or two? ;):D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    I am thankful for my family (both immediate and extended). They provide me with a wealth I never knew existed in my youth.

I am thankful for my friends (both real and virtual) that share my interests and concerns. They will lend support and aid when asked and call me out on being stupid or annoying if deserved.

I am thankful to live in a country of wealth and opportunity that can allow the problems of my day to be as mundane as a report title not printing in the color it looked on my screen and someone daring to talk 25min. into a movie.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    McLoki wrote: »
    I am thankful to live in a country of wealth and opportunity that can allow the problems of my day be as mundane as a report title not printing in the color it looked on my screen and someone daring to talke 25min. into a movie.

Michael

LOL! I couldn't have said that better myself! May I use that in my thankful thought?
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    LOL! I couldn't have said that better myself! May I use that in my thankful thought?

sure - maybe next year I can be thankful for a spell checker. I should make my new years resolution to proof read before posting... :rolleyes:

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    My two little knuckleheads who anchored me through a few tough years. Friends and family, though far apart, are always here with me. Troy and all others serving now and in the past, who stand up for our rights to say these words. Be safe and civilian salute to you all. Come home safe.

...and turkey MMMMMM
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    McLoki wrote: »
    sure - maybe next year I can be thankful for a spell checker. I should make my new years resolution to proof read before posting... :rolleyes:

Michael

just switch to Mozilla Firefox in line spell check:D:D:D
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2007
    Those who ensure our freedom every day, my family's health, pet's health and those of you that make me chuckle. Laughter is good medicine.

[edit] -- oops, stale thread.
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited November 2007
    I'm thankful for my family (mainly my sister who can figure out a way to get me out of trouble) and my friends and scout troop.
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2007
    ;)I'm thankfull for all of the above plus the fact that Doro has not changed a bit.

I am most thankfull to the men and women serving in the US Armed Services ensuring that every American can be safe and proud of who we are.

Thanks BDT and I'm praying for your speedy and safe return.

BTW, where the hell is George:D

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    Yoo-hoo!

I wish that NOBODY had to be in the desert. That being said, I am incredibly happy, and maybe even rather bubbly, that I am not in the desert. I should be finished with that type activity.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2007
    Yoo-hoo!

QUOTE]

What's up George!!! I went sifting through as many posts and was pleased to find your still out there.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    Hello Henry! Good tidings to you and all the Bomblets.
  • TroyD
    edited November 2007
    Henry!

You need to drop by more often, amigo.

BDT