Onkyo 898 sold :)

disneyjoe7
disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
I posted I had a Onkyo 898 to Zombieboy for his dad. Well as it turned out Zombieboy turned it down and Shadowofnight PM me that he wanted to buy it.

Well it was shipped and received by him today and happy to say UPS did everything to beat it up some getting it from Florida to California but happy to hear it was A ok on his end.

Last report is was loving it in pure 2 channel mode. :D I must admit this mode was my favorite also :cool:

Speakers
Carver Amazing Fronts
CS400i Center
RT800i's Rears
Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
Parasound Halo A23
Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
Pioneer 79Avi DVD
Sony CX400 CD changer
Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Post edited by disneyjoe7 on

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    They sure did all they could to cause harm to this puppy...but Steve double boxed it...placed sheets of cardboard along the inner walls of the boxes and bubble wrapped the hell out of everything...stellar job of packing :D

Fired it up in 2 channel Pure Audio mode and it sounds great...9/10 for cosmetics as well...well cared for. Be taking it over to my parents on sunday to hook it up for HT use to compliment the new LCD TV I just bought them.

Actually Steve sent the receiver before receiving the M.O. ... we sent them ( Receiver/M.O. ) on the very same day...would do business with him again any day
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    John,

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry UPS beat the crap out of the shipping boxes, but again happy it made it in one piece. :)

BTW I thought you where going to keep the 898 for your self and give your Onkyo to your father, did you change your mind?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    They are so close in features..really only HDMI difference....that it really doesnt matter which one I keep...easier to just take the 898 with me on sunday ( Read...too lazy to unplug everything :) )

Besides..I just bought him the HR20 sat receiver for his directv..that hooked up to the HDMI on the LCD tv...and the ES Sony cd player I gave him doesnt have HDMI...I can just use Optical for the CD audio as well as the HR20 audio.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Nice to hear a model which is what 4 years old is similar in features to a much new model. Hat's off to Onkyo, a great testament to the 898 :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer