Any Polkies in Conyers GA area (SE Atlanta)

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well my lovely X wife is taking the kids to Conyers GA. Sunday is my last day with them, and I have been looking into moving to the Conyers GA area. What do you guys think?

Thanks Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2007
    Sorry, can't help you out. I live about 15 minutes from Conyers. Not much to say about the place. Never a need to go there, either. If someone tells me they live in Conyers, my question is always the same -- "Why?" I suppose Conyers is overshadowed by lots of other Atlanta suburbs that are closer to the city.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited November 2007
    15 mins out of town and it's a whole different world??

I don't know the first thing about Conyers, good luck
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • ben62670
    edited November 2007
    Thamks H21
    I hate the idea of moving to another area I do not know, but that is where my kids will be.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    That sucks Bro! I wish you luck with this move.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Spent some time in conyers....an uncle of mine Jim Far...passed on...but when he was around,would visit him.Conyers is a nice area but a bit out there.Lots of friendly folks down there for sure.
    Oh...tell the wife to not go near the "underground" area at night,in Atlanta.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    Be near the kids, no matter where they live. I live 10 miles from mine, they go to a schools two miles from me. Their mom is a teacher at the local high school. I come home from work sometimes and they're in my house eating my food and playing games on the 360. Mom comes to pick them up and I cook dinner for all.
    Stay close to them, friend. They'll thank you for it.
    Best of luck,
    Russ
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2007
    Conyers ia a "quaint" little town, friendly folks,railroad track or two,monestary,and an old radio/tv repair shop that has been closed for years since the owner died,,a haven for tube heads if you could get get inside,,nice little main street with a couple of interersting places to spend some time in,other than that,, older nice homes,white picket fences,,safe,and it appears to be a nice little place for children to grow up in,,quiet,detached and seemenly economically somewhat stable. other than that,, hop on I-20 and drive to the city.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Early B.
    edited November 2007
    Conyers ia a "quaint" little town, friendly folks,railroad track or two,monestary,and an old radio/tv repair shop that has been closed for years since the owner died,,a haven for tube heads if you could get get inside,,nice little main street with a couple of interersting places to spend some time in,other than that,, older nice homes,white picket fences,,safe,and it appears to be a nice little place for children to grow up in,,quiet,detached and seemenly economically somewhat stable. other than that,, hop on I-20 and drive to the city.

George -- sounds like you're describing the Conyers of yesteryear. Now it's most other Atlanta suburbs -- a bunch of cheaply made homes crammed into poorly designed subdivisions, traffic congestion due to Atlanta commuters, ethnically diverse, and a huge Walmart. Just think of a quaint town that has undergone tremendous growth in the past decade. They don't have a mall yet, but one was recently built a couple of miles west of Conyers on I-20. Oh yeah, it's in Rockdale County, so as the name inplies, there's lots of rock and red clay where regular dirt ought to be.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    George -- sounds like you're describing the Conyers of yesteryear. Now it's most other Atlanta suburbs -- a bunch of cheaply made homes crammed into poorly designed subdivisions, traffic congestion due to Atlanta commuters, ethnically diverse, and a huge Walmart. Just think of a quaint town that has undergone tremendous growth in the past decade. They don't have a mall yet, but one was recently built a couple of miles west of Conyers on I-20. Oh yeah, it's in Rockdale County, so as the name inplies, there's lots of rock and red clay where regular dirt ought to be.

Just living in the past,I guess :):)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2007
    Is Atlanta still part of Georgia?
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Early B.
    edited November 2007
    Is Atlanta still part of Georgia?

Depends on who you ask.

If you query Georgia citizens outside of metro Atlanta, they'll tell you that Atlanta is on another planet. Atlanta is largely democratic and more liberal, whereas the rest of Georgia is very conservative and republican, generally speaking. Also, Georgia is a very rural and economically challenged state; the educational system ranks 49th in the US, but metro Atlanta is not quite as bad off as the rest of Georgia.

• ben62670
    edited November 2007
    Thanks guys. Today has been a real rough one. The kids are leaving, and today is my last day with them for a while.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. Today has been a real rough one. The kids are leaving, and today is my last day with them for a while.

Hang in there Bro it will all start falling into place sooner than later.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited November 2007
    Sorry to hear Ben. Take care and good luck on the move.

Let me know if I can help,
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.