A funny thing happened on the way to the forum....

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,577
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
The strangest thing happened on the highway today. I was following a nondescript white moving truck and noticed the door was loose on it.

At that very moment a pile of gear came tumbling out of the rear. I immediately pulled a Hooper bootleg manuever and slammed it into reverse at about 65. The timing was critical so that I could catch all the gear in the bed of my truck. I missed a couple things and after they hit the pavement, they weren't worth stopping for anymore. I continued in reverse and when I passed the driver of the truck, I gave him the finger and took the exit on two wheels. That was unplanned and a little hairy.

The craziest thing is that the tube amp didn't lose any of the bias adjustements and only one tube was loose. I got back home and took stock of what I "caught".....

2(NIB) Audio Research SP16L Tube Pre-Amplifiers & 1 Audio Research VS110 Tube Amplifier.

I regret not saving more of that stuff but feel pretty fortunate. I think I'll make some herb planters out of them.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments