Ref: No hugs for you, want to relay a story...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
This is how crazy our country is getting. A short, true story:

At my younger brothers wedding about 6 years ago, I was headed for the restroom during the reception. I walked in and found a little girl--oh maybe 3yrs old--wondering around in there. Of course, being a male adult, I picked her up and started out of the restroom....

Then all of a sudden I stopped. I started thinking "this could look really bad If I come out of this mens restroom with this little girl who is not mine." I couldn't believe I was even thinking that way, but unfortunately that's the way this country is getting anymore. I struggled with "what to do" I wasn't going to leave her in there by herself. Finally I just put her down and coaxed her to follow me out.

What a shame that a father of 2, 40 years old (at the time) had to feel "weird" about getting a little girl out of a mens room. I'm convinced that most men would have left her in there, for the very same reason. It's a sad state of affairs when you can no longer do the right thing as an adult, because you fear how it might be interpreted.

We are creating a "hands off" generation with all this paranoia---and I realize it's hard to know what to do with young ones these days, because you have so many low-life creeps out there. But at the same time I think it's important that kids see adults as a source of security rather than a threat.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Hear ya on that Steve,and it gets worse by the day.My question is,who the f@%k keeps voteing for these morons makeing these stupid laws??When will enough be enough?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    More to the point, where the F@##$ were her parents while she strolled around the mens room........alone......
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • steveinaz
    edited November 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    More to the point, where the F@##$ were her parents while she strolled around the mens room........alone......

That was my thought to as I struggled with what to do. Catholic wedding receptions get pretty crazy though...LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited November 2007
    I have always had a way with babies and kids--they flock towards me--don't know why, maybe because they can sense a feeling of security with me; but I tell ya, anymore I'm almost a little stand-off'ish with peoples kids I don't know well. People look at you strange when thier kids are all over you, wanting to play, wrestle, etc. What a shame.

One of my fondest memories of my Dad growing up, was him wrestling a bunch of neighbor kids in the back yard. It was like a weekend ritual. The kids in the neighborhood loved it, and my Dad got a kick out of it too. There would be 8 to 10 of us piling up on Dad.

*sigh* I guess the golden years are gone...that was Americana baby.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    I hear ya steve, its amazing how our thinking changes due to all the bad crap that happens. One time I went to the store to do a little shopping at around 2 am in a 24 hour store and I seen a girl that looked like she was 13-14 maybe standing in the entryway and she asked me for a ride home and it was -45 or -50 below zero outside and she had some sort of slippers on with blue jeans and a thin leather looking jacket with fringes on it, hardly cold weather gear and she looked colder than hell.

I went inside and did my shopping and thought about whether I should give her a ride, thinking to myself what if this girl claims I molested her or some crap like that, its my word against hers and I have no witness because im all alone and on this type of thing your guilty till proven innocent if she says I did anything.

Then I though to myself what if you dont give her a ride and some pervert does and I read about it later in the paper, could I live with myself afterwards knowing that I could have gave her a ride and she would have been safe. So I went ahead and gave her a ride home but I didnt feel comfortable doing it. I asked her where her parents were and why they couldndt give her a ride and she replied that her mom was out partying with her boyfriend and wasnt at home. :eek:

Its sad when you have to be afraid of doing the right thing you know.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • steveinaz
    edited November 2007
    That would be a tough decision....