No hugs for you!!!

snow
snow Posts: 4,337
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Check out this story, geez whats next?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071106/ap_on_fe_st/odd_detention_for_hugging

REGARDS SNOW
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
Post edited by snow on

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited November 2007
    I allowed both of my daughters to leave the 'regular' public high school and attend a charter school. Still public I realize but they tend not to have the same problems and ridiculous governing boards. Best move we ever made.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    That is just a damn shame. So much for plantin' a wet one on your girl. Hell, when I was growing up I'd walk into the classroom and hug the [female] teachers. Went to their house, they came to mine and public affection [amongst students] all the way up to, and sometimes including Bill Clinton type sex pretty much happened all the time. It was the norm.

I thought we were living in America? You know, land of the free? Where a kid could be a kid and one would have the FREEDOM to hug their fu(king friend if they so choose.

I understand cigarettes, and banning them on school property as a way to TEACH the student body health and responsibility [smoking was permitted 20 years ago at my public schools], but IMO this does not teach the student body anything except what freedoms they have lost.

What's next? If you write a little note to your girlfriend, writing XOXO on it and the teacher sees you slipping the note to her and wants you to say out loud what's written on the note....and the student pleads the 5th, because he/she doesn't want to incriminate herself and by reading the note [and of course that won't happen because kids lose that right in a classroom], it qualifies as a "public display of affection" because she read it out loud....therefore requiring detention or suspension?

Or this, when the yearbook comes out and the 'best couple" picture is taken and the principle happens to be there for the photo shoot and they [Oh, the sin :rolleyes:] put their arms around each other to portray the fact that they are a couple, do they get detention? Suspension?

This kind of ludicrous **** has got to stop.

The same kind of freedom barring crap went on at my High School. Their was a cat by the name of Steve Whittaker who came in one day with a multi colored spiked 18" mohawk. They were popular back in the day, mohawks, that is. Anyhoo, he was told to report to the principals office and was promptly suspended. He was told he was not allowed to come back to school until he lost the do. So, the next day after suspension he comes struttin' on in with the same do, and out the door he went. 3 day suspension this time. Same conditions for his return to school. The last time we saw Steve at school for about 2 and 1/2 years was the day he come a-walkin' in for the third time with that same Mohawk unchanged. Out the door he went. Expulsion this time.

To make a LONG story real short, he sued the Fairfax County school system and walked away very close to being a millionaire. The next time he entered school, he didn't have the mohawk anymore, but he had some of the most expensive business suits I think I've ever seen on a teenager. I'll NEVER forget the smile on his face when he came trapesin' through those school doors after the 2 and 1/2 years. Maybe the parents of this child should consider doing the same, and TEACH the child that what she did is normal, part of being a kid, part of being an adult and just plain a "normal activity for a human being".

You know, we have troops dying for our freedom and the freedom of others and it seems as if we have another "war" within America led by a bunch of whiny idiots that seem to want to take away more and more of our freedoms, bit by bit everyday. IMO, that superintendent should be behauch-slapped, let go from her position and never be allowed to be involved with the school system again. Same goes for the teacher who ratted her out.

It's a hug for Christ's sake, not sex. :mad:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited November 2007
    Amen treitz, amen.

They should take all of these school administrator's out back and beem em with some big **** red dodgeballs.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    Well said, Tom. This PC crap has got to stop.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    Well said, Tom. This CP crap has got to stop.

PCness is the biggest lie going.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    lawyers..................I am still going to hug Russman though.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited November 2007
    lawyers..................I am still going to hug Russman though.

oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh,bad mental pic......

Yeah, we have some winners here in Illinois.