Is anyone getting ready for deer season?

SLOCOOKN
SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Our firearm season opens this Saturday morning! I am very excited!
:eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
Sony cx985v (for now)
BBE 482i
B&K AVP 1030
Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
Nordost RCA
SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
Belkin pf60
Carver TFM 55x
Signal Analog 2 RCA
AudioQuestType 4
VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
Post edited by SLOCOOKN on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited November 2007
    I've bowhuning for the past 5 days,just came in to take a break and head back out this afternoon.

Have seen 6 different Bucks in the past few days,things are starting to heat up:D
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited November 2007
    I don't want to hear about it. I live in S Florida. I see plenty of things I'd like to shoot, but they are not dear! I miss walking through the wood with my 30-06, or pushing a pasture with my Marlin 35rem:(
    Well I guess I shouldn't be so selfish. Happy hunting, and shoot one for me.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited November 2007
    normally im ready to put some meat in the freezer but this past year we have a friend with a 400 acre farm wih a kill permit so ive got plenty :) ill still go just not as much for the winter season since ive already killed 18 since august
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited November 2007
    I've bowhuning for the past 5 days,just came in to take a break and head back out this afternoon.

Have seen 6 different Bucks in the past few days,things are starting to heat up:D

Where at in MO. We hunt south of Tipton, MO. Very little scrapes or rubs. We have seen several buck still paired up. Unusual for this time of year here.
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited November 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    I don't want to hear about it. I live in S Florida. I see plenty of things I'd like to shoot, but they are not dear! I miss walking through the wood with my 30-06, or pushing a pasture with my Marlin 35rem:(
    Well I guess I shouldn't be so selfish. Happy hunting, and shoot one for me.

You all have swamp deer. You also have nice turkey. I never hunted them when I lived there. I was really interested in fishing at the time.
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • Mike Reeter
    edited November 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote: »
    Where at in MO. We hunt south of Tipton, MO. Very little scrapes or rubs. We have seen several buck still paired up. Unusual for this time of year here.

I live in N.W. Mo. in Chillicothe...I have a stand set up on a scrape line with 5 freshened scrapes this morning...It was 21 degrees this a.m. Things are just now starting to heat up as far as Buck activity.

good luck,I've showered and heading back out for the rest of the day.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    I DO miss deer hunting.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited November 2007
    I'm headed for the Mexico MO area on Thursday afternoon! We'll set up stands late Thur afternoon, then go get licenses and spend a little money at Cranes Country Store in Williamsburg! Looking forward to the MO opener on Saturday morning!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited November 2007
    Normally I bowhunt but I'm too busy with the kitchen renovation to even think about going out for deer... I'll prolly go out for the late winter season.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    Used to hunt just south of Ft. Leonard Wood.
    Only problem is that it is heavily hunted so despite the huge amount of scrapes we'd hunt around, quite often it was the same old story:

Shots from the ridge to the left, shots to the ridge from the right, shots behind us, shots in front of us.

Always had a nice time, though.

Best hunt we ever had we didn't see or hear any deer, and got caught in a killer ice storm. Gawd, was that ever beautiful in the woods.

This year, there's an 8-pointer at my evening job that smiles at me as I leave the property every night.
    Keep smiling, buck-a-roo; your days may just be numbered. I know EXACTLY where the property line ends. I don't think you do.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    I'm getting ready for teenage runaway season.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited November 2007
    Is anyone getting ready for deer season?

I'm about ready to start popping a few myself if they don't stop eating my plants. :mad:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Mike Reeter
    edited November 2007
    Saw my first HOT doe this morning,four different Bucks on her tail!!! Timing should be good for this weekend.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Saw my first HOT doe this morning,four different Bucks on her tail!!!

Don't tell too many members that. They might get jealous.....:p
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited November 2007
    I saw a 6 point taking a nap at the side of the road today.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D