What should I do?

disneyjoe7
disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok Zombie Boy 2000 started this thread. Where he "Need an AVR...."

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=728367#post728367

In this thread I posted this
disneyjoe7 wrote: »
Onkyo 898 110w x 7 Sweet $1500 new, I'm asking $300 + shipping.

In about 2 mins I get a PM from him. We PM are self and agree that he will buy it for $275 + Shipping + and 3% for Paypal (because I like my money fast, and I'm ok what it cost me. And what $9 bucks) Ok so he's total was $308 and if he felt I needed to insure this I say $310 and I would eat a few bucks. Ok 24 hours later and nothing for him, I don't know if he still whats it or its too much for what he what too pay for something or what.

Ok so during this time I get another PM from someone who what's this AVR, so do I sell it to someone else. Or how much time should I get Zombie Boy? 24-25hrs fair 30hrs fair whats fair?

What's the Polk Family Rule on this... :confused::rolleyes:

Speakers
Carver Amazing Fronts
CS400i Center
RT800i's Rears
Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
Parasound Halo A23
Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
Pioneer 79Avi DVD
Sony CX400 CD changer
Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Post edited by disneyjoe7 on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited November 2007
    I feel after a couple days then move on..a you snooze you lose.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Ok 48hrs

Anyone else?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    I'd hope to have some form of contact in 24 hours (ie, payment's coming, sorry for the delay) and payment by 48 at the latest. That's just me though.....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited November 2007
    Unless something happened to him I'd say 48 hours is plenty of time. If you've got someone else then it's fair game. He can always buy mine;)
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    48 sounds like a fair number to me, especially if you are past the intrest phase and into the I want it for this price phase.

I understand sometimes uncontrolled stuff comes up, but 48 hours should be enough time that if it goes another way - both parties should understand and move on...

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    We're talking $300 bucks and it doesn't look like anyone is busting down your door right? ....be patient.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Doro, I just don't believe any one should hang up someone else. Either he what's it or he doesn't.

And I have someone who what's this, he's standing by to send the M.O. It not like I advertised it too hard, just one post.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    If that's the case, money talks. I would mark it sold.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    I agree. He has had more than enough time to act. Especially if he was doing it via Pay Pal.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited November 2007
    McLoki wrote: »
    48 sounds like a fair number to me, especially if you are past the intrest phase and into the I want it for this price phase.

Michael

Most definitely ^^^.
    More than enough time, IMO.
    It's not like you're waiting for his counter-offer.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    Ask the other buyer to be patient until you have a reasonable time to contact Zombie. After all, YOU responded to his thread and a deal was struck. Not like you had listed it in the FM. Something could have happened unexpectedly. His last post was the same day he started the thread. All his dealings seem to be on the up and up, so something must have happened. The other buyer should be ok to wait another day or two. Just my .02.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    Zombie is good people, something is probably up. That said, he's not the type of guy that would be pissed if you decided to sell it to someone else.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2007
    He's probably prostituting himself to get enough money together and I'm suggesting you sell it now. It's nothing a little counseling won't help.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2007
    I've dealt with Jason, and he has been to my house. I can vouch for him as a stand up guy. Wait the 48 hours, and if he doesn't show up sell it to the other guy. He'll understand.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Well I'm agreeing with everyone here 48 hours maybe a little longer has he seems to be a stand up guy. I just what'd a consensus of time frame, so I wasn't asking this tomorrow night. Which would be over the 48 hour thing.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Ok not sure what happen to Zombie Boy, but I feel his 48+ hour time is up.

Above all I hope everything is ok on his end.

Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    FYI, he just made a post Joe.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2007
    Go with whoever pays you first.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • disneyjoe7
    edited November 2007
    Early,

I think I'm going to get a M.O. with teeth marks on it, I thinks he was bitting it the whole time. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer