Eyeglass wearers...beware of poor quality

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited November 2007
    Just got new glasses a couple of weeks ago....from COSTCO. Feel good now.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited November 2007
    Interesting - while everyone caims that they will correct the glasses, it it on the consumer to ID the bad pair. While I normally would agree with that being the consumer's job, does that happen much with glasses?

Take my glasses for example, I wouldn't know if they nailed my prescription dead on or not. I definately see much better with them, and things are pretty sharp, but they may not be in line with the prescription specs. I guess that is something I can discuss with the doc next month when I go for my next appointment.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    I don't wear glasses, but I was thinking the same thing---How would you know if you glasses are out of spec...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    I've not been very happy with either of my last two pairs of glasses...and my eyes seem to be getting worse....:(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited November 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I don't wear glasses, but I was thinking the same thing---How would you know if you glasses are out of spec...

It's not always hard to tell, both D.O.C. and Lenscrafters have made me bad glasses before. Some will give you headaches, and some do odd things to your vision, for instance different sharpness when you look through different parts of the lens. They always claim the same thing, there is nothing wrong with the glasses, you need to get used to the new pair!

In each case I gave them an opportunity to make it right, twice. They couldn't do it. I had my regular eye doctor examine the glasses, all either were not the correct correction, or had the focal point in the wrong place.

The doctor's can do a crappy job as well. At Sam's, the doctor insisted that my vision had improved, and lowered the power of my lenses considerably. Of course I could not see anything at a distance anymore. So he checks my eyes again, and tells me that maybe they didn't improve as much as he thought. Pair number two was still too weak. Refund please...

My independent doctor makes them perfect every time, the problem is, he has a small selection of frames, and usually none that I like. Oh well, better to see correctly I guess.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    I can tell right away if my glasses have been done wrong. I have multifocal lenses & if something isn't right I can tell right away.

The only time I had a problem was the doctor screwed up. He said my eyes hadn't changed but then he changed my prescription wrongly. I couln't see clearly to read. So I went back & had him recheck, this time he made sure to check the reading portion & corrected the numbers. LensCrafters changed them free of charge.

They had the never to charge me for the 2nd doctors visit. I sent in a letter explaining that if the doctor had done the job right the first time I wouldn't have had to come back.

They gave me my money back!

I've been getting my glasses from Lens Crafters for over 10 yrs & only had that one problem.

But then again MA is one of the states where they have to be licensed.

That's scary, I thought everyone had to be for that kind of job!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2