Was Sunfire Corporation sold?

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,980
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
EDIT: Save yourself some time and goto post #2 of this thread please. Thanks.

Below you will see something recently found and I don't know whether this is old news or new news. The search is on after discovering that Sunfire's site is down today. I know they laid off 1/2 the workers sometime around the June/July time frame of this year. Anybody got the juice?

Sunfire Corporation Purchased by Linear LLC, a Nortek Subsidiary

Maker of high-end speakers and other audio and home theater electronics is latest acquisition added to Home Technology Group.

(SNOHOMISH, WA) Sunfire™ Corporation (Snohomish, WA) has been acquired by Linear, LLC (Carlsbad, CA). A well-regarded manufacturer of high-end speakers, home audio, and home theater electronics and subwoofers, Sunfire becomes the newest member of the Home Technology Group, Linear’s fast-growing family of consumer electronics companies, products, and brands. Bob Carver, President, will remain with Sunfire. No other terms of the deal were disclosed.
Sunfire joins a family of Linear brands that includes ChannelPlus® whole house audio/video distribution systems; ELAN® Home Systems multi-room audio/video equipment; Imerge Internet-connected, hard disk-based audio products and media appliances; Niles® Audio Corporation whole-house audio and home theater products; OmniMount® audio/video equipment mounting solutions; OpenHouse® structured wiring products; Panamax® power conditioning products for home entertainment and home office electronics; SpeakerCraft® and Proficient Audio Systems® speakers and electronics; and Xantech® infrared remote controls for home entertainment systems..
Sunfire designs, builds and distributes audiophile power amplifiers, surround sound processors, subwoofers and other premium home theater electronics and is based in Snohomish, Washington, USA.
According to Bob Carver, who will continue at Sunfire as Chief Technical Officer, the acquisition will not affect Sunfire’s current distribution or manufacturer representative network. “Linear has a history of giving their subsidiaries complete autonomy”, noted Carver, “They will provide stable funding for our future and free me up to fully concentrate on developing new products and technologies.”
Sunfire Marketing Director Jeremy Fry underscored the fact that Sunfire’s dealer’s and reps will remain the same and will be totally separate from those of other member of Linear’s Home Technology Group.. “Sunfire will remain a protected and specialty brand whose dealers can expect even more in the way of new products and support”, said Fry. “Currently we are being ‘mentored’ through the transition by management from Elan Home Systems, who were purchased by Linear in 2003. Also an engineering-driven manufacturer of premium consumer electronics, Elan was of comparable size to Sunfire at the time of their acquisition. Bob and the Sunfire management team consider it significant that after they joined the Linear Home Technology Group, Elan sales exploded, as they were able to bring new products to market much faster and adopt a more focused business model based on their core competencies.”
Linear’s parent, Nortek Inc. (www.nortek-inc.com), offers a broad array of products and systems for improving environments, where people live and work. It is a major international manufacturer and distributor of competitively-priced building, remodeling, and indoor environmental control products for residential and commercial markets. The company is privately held.
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    Alright, I found out this is old news. They were purchased by this company in 2005.

So, I'll just ask this.......does anybody know why their website is down?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    Perhaps they need to work on it every now and then....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.