Chili recipes

Lowell_M
Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Does anybody have a link to anyplace that might have a variety of Chili recipes?
HT
RTi70 mains
CSi30 center
RTi28 Rears
Velodyne CHT-12
H/K AVR-247
ADCOM GFA-7000
Samsung PN58B860
Playstation 3

2-Channel
Polk Audio LSi15's
Rotel RCD-1072
Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
ADCOM GFA-555
Signal Cable Analog II IC's
Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
Post edited by Lowell_M on

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    Try FamousChiliRecipes.com. Lots of recipes and links. I whipped up a batch of chicken chili from there. Mighty tasty!
    Good and and leave the windows open for fresh air.
    Dig It?
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    No need for the windows to be open, just buy yourself a pair of these:

http://www.under-tec.com/gasEaters.php

I love chili!
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    No need for the windows to be open, just buy yourself a pair of these:

http://www.under-tec.com/gasEaters.php

I love chili!

Well, I guess I can say "I've seen it all."
    Those things take all the fun out of crop dusting your co-workers!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Well, I guess I can say "I've seen it all."
    Those things take all the fun out of crop dusting your co-workers!

Haha, nothing beats visiting a co-worker in a cubicle and leaving them a little something something behind.

i cant even imagine wearing something like that...would always look like you have a load in your pants :(
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited November 2007
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I've seen everything now. Unbelievable.

If anyone did that at our work we would walk their sorry **** out the door in -40 degree weather; NO COAT. There, air yourself off for a while.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    I'd also be afraid of Methane build-up in my trousers, light up a smoke and wind up in the next county!
    I decree these things a danger!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I've seen everything now. Unbelievable.

If anyone did that at our work we would walk their sorry **** out the door in -40 degree weather; NO COAT. There, air yourself off for a while.

SBD's my friend.....Silent BUT Deadly...

Although we always had this guy at Gillette who use to rip them so loud in his cubicle you could hear it from atleast 7-10 cubicles away and smell them within a 3 cubicle radius. Unfortunately no one could say anything cause he was a manager....

I bet he ate chili daily. Anyway, back to the chili, I always find myself picking out the beans from the chili around here since there are always too many.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited November 2007
    There's actually a testimonial page!

Read them - they're so touching!

Lives are being changed...a tear comes to my eyes!

Oh wait, that's from the gas!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    I prefer more meat to beans ratio myself. Nothing like setting the crock pot in the morning and coming home to some gut warming (rumbling) goodness.
    I've also taking a liking to Bush's Chili Magic. Just brown a lb to lb1/2 ground beef. Add a can of diced tomatos and chiles. Add spices to taste and in 20 minutes, you're eating.
    A buddy of mine makes "Sniper Chili". Sweet at first then POW!!!, you're on the floor from the heat. My sister makes vegetarian chili. I called her a blasphemer and a heretic at first. But it wasn't to bad.
    All kinds of chili for all kinds of tastes.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    I prefer more meat to beans ratio myself. Nothing like setting the crock pot in the morning and coming home to some gut warming (rumbling) goodness.
    I've also taking a liking to Bush's Chili Magic. Just brown a lb to lb1/2 ground beef. Add a can of diced tomatos and chiles. Add spices to taste and in 20 minutes, you're eating.
    A buddy of mine makes "Sniper Chili". Sweet at first then POW!!!, you're on the floor from the heat. My sister makes vegetarian chili. I called her a blasphemer and a heretic at first. But it wasn't to bad.
    All kinds of chili for all kinds of tastes.

Chili Magic is amazing....soooooo good.
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Chili Magic is amazing....soooooo good.

+10
    You should try slo-cookin' it with about a tablespoon of Melinda's **** Garlic hot sauce for about 5 hrs. Powerful good stuff with just enough bite.
    Let me know what you think.
    Denons warmed up. Time to play with The SDA-1A's!
    Dark Side Of The Moon sounds good about now.
    Lightman Russ
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited November 2007
    /agree on the Chili magic. No beans, with cut up chucks of london broil/sirloin. Add a couple carefully added drops of Daves Ultimate Insanity Sauce and hold on.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Poee7R wrote: »
    /agree on the Chili magic. No beans, with cut up chucks of london broil/sirloin. Add a couple carefully added drops of Daves Ultimate Insanity Sauce and hold on.

Dave

I know what I'm makin for dinner tomorrow!!
    Do you half cook the sirloin and finish in the pot? Or full cook and let it ride?
    You mean Daves Ultimate Paint and Varnish remover? That stuff is MEAN!! But I like it!:eek::eek::eek:
  • Poee7R
    edited November 2007
    Yes, i throw the cut sirloin in a frying pan with a touch of oil on high heat to get a nice crust on it before i throw it in the pot and cook it up. Its great to have a change of texture in the chili since i dont care for the beans much. And yes, i think im gonna hit the market tomorrow now that we're talking abou this.

Btw, to those that havent tried Daves UIS... be careful if you decide to, it will put you in the hospital if you dont pay attention.

Dave
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Hey Poe, What part of Raleigh you in? I'm in Mooresville, About 30 miles north of Charlotte on I-77.
  • Poee7R
    edited November 2007
    I'm in North Raleigh, not too far from the Capital/440 exit. I'm not familiar with Mooresville, but i have been to Charlotte a few time's. New York transplant here. There seems to be a bunch of us in NC, should have a small PF sometime.

Sorry for the thead hijack. :o

Dave
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Cool. a matt, did you try that site yet? (trying to get back on track)
  • Poee7R
    edited November 2007
    Haha I'm sure we'll be forgiven. a_mattison if you're interested in hot chili I'll ask my wife to find my old recipe for my Two Bite Chili (it's been a long time). First bite, you're thinking to yourself mmmm this is good. Second bite, well most people run to the kitchen/bathroom closest sink/toilet for water. :D

Dave
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited November 2007
    Cool. a matt, did you try that site yet? (trying to get back on track)

Yea. I'll check a few recipes out. Thanks for the link! This thread headed way to the **** side of things before I even looked at it again.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Well, Ya know how guys (and some girls I know) get when chili beans are discussed.
    "It's a state law, man. Look it up!"
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    BTW Bagged started the **** stuff. Just ran with it from there.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    BTW Bagged started the **** stuff. Just ran with it from there.

Hey man don't point the finger, someone might pull it and let one loose.....
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    UH-OHHH here we go again! SAFETY!
  • lightman1
    edited November 2007
    Dave. The sirloin kicks ****. I added some cumin while prepping the meat and some chipoltle paste a frind of mine made when I put it in the cooker. So far so good. Only time will tell with chili.