RTA 12C's shielded?

Options
Bad Dog
Bad Dog Posts: 13
edited November 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Are the RTA 12C speakers magnetically shielded? I haven't noticed a problem with the tv yet but I want to be safe.
Post edited by Bad Dog on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2007
    Options
    They aren't shielded, but the magnetic field of the smaller drivers doesn't cause issues when loaded in the larger cabinet like that of the 12C.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Bad Dog
    Bad Dog Posts: 13
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Is there a reason for shielding in the RTA 8tl speakers? Could it be just an extra precaution since the drivers are the same size as the RTA 12C. Or is it because the RTA 8tl's have a smaller enclosure?
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I don't know for sure but I'd be surprised if the 8's (or any of the RTAs) were shielded. Way too early for that sort of consideration. If you don't have a crt, there's no need to worry about it. If you do, make sure there's enough distance between your tv and the speaks or get some bucking magnets.

DJ
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides