Sound cuts out only when I make right hand turns

Uncle Ruckus
Uncle Ruckus Posts: 4
edited November 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have an Alpine IDA-X001 HU (IPOD ready), and for some reason the sound cuts out on me only when I make right hand turns. Ive triple checked the wireing and everything seems fine. Also it only does this if the car is moving, if its at a stand still I can turn the wheel all I want with no problems. Just wondering if anyone else has ever encountered this problem? Thanks in advance
Post edited by Uncle Ruckus on

Comments

• Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited November 2007
    Does the sound cut out on all media? iPod or radio. Do you have any amplifiers? If so what do they power?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    My first guess is that something isnt secured down properly and cuts loose just a smidge when your turn.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited November 2007
    This is a longshot but an easy visual check. If you suspect the following may apply.

When I used to install, I came across a speaker wire carelessly run over the steering flex joint instead of the housing above it.
    Eventually physical steering wore the wire insulation. Get a flashlight and inspect around the steering knuckle/flexible joint(about straight up from the driver footwell.
    The contact with a high output head units speaker lead caused it to self protect since it sensed a direct output short.

Like I said maybe a longshot ;)
  • Uncle Ruckus
    Uncle Ruckus Posts: 4
    edited November 2007
    Hey, thanks for the responses everyone. After fiddleing around with it, I did remove the panel under the streering wheel and saw that the wires from the alarm I had installed were kinda kinked around the stering mechanism or what ever, and whenever I moved them it would cause my audio to cut out. So I tucked away and secured the wires better and everything seems to work fine......for now. thanks again