Polk SR amps?

surefire
surefire Posts: 25
edited November 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just out of interest, does anyone with close ties to Polk know if they have any plans to develop an SR range of amplifiers?

Seems a shame to have an SR range in speakers and subs but not amps. Given the quality and SQ of the Polk SR speaker range, I'm sure an SR amp range would be a winner and seller for them.
Post edited by surefire on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    Word is they are coming out with a new line. Theyll be out by summer 07. ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • surefire
    edited November 2007
    Interesting...An entire new lineup or just amps, speakers or subs? Pretty curious to see what they come out with. I'd be super keen to get an amp or 2 if they brought an SR range out.
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2007
    From my understanding. There will be 7 new amps this time around instead of three. Also they will be just polk audio amps not sr amps or momo amps. None of that stuff.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Word is they are coming out with a new line. Theyll be out by summer 07. ;)

So they're already out? :confused:

:rolleyes: ;)
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2007
    cam5860 wrote: »
    From my understanding. There will be 7 new amps this time around instead of three. Also they will be just polk audio amps not sr amps or momo amps. None of that stuff.

Thats cool! That was my one complaint about the old ones - not enough variety. I hear these are supposed to be more powerful than the current lineup as well. Thats always a good thing!! I cant wait to see what they look like.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, uh, they're a little later than we originally thought. They will be branded Polk- not db, Momo, or SR.

We don't have plans for an SR- branded line of amps.
  • surefire
    edited November 2007
    Thom wrote: »
    Yeah, uh, they're a little later than we originally thought. They will be branded Polk- not db, Momo, or SR.

We don't have plans for an SR- branded line of amps.

Can you confirm or deny if the new range of amps will have improved internals/power ratings etc compared to the current range of Polk amps?

Sounds promising all the same, I'm very interested to see what they come up with.
  • Thom
    edited November 2007
    Well, there's more models- some are lower powered, some are higher powered than the old Momo amps...
  • surefire
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the info Thom, I look forward to when these new amps come out, and when they make it to Australia.
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2007
    Well, there's more models- some are lower powered, some are higher powered than the old Momo amps...

You sound like a politician.

Could you be any more vague??

:p

• Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited November 2007

Could you be any more vague??

:)

(4 characters :))
  • Thom
    edited November 2007

I've never been so insulted in my life.
  • Thom
    edited November 2007
    ...and I'm still not giving any more details.
  • surefire
    edited November 2007
    ...and I'm still not giving any more details.

What about release date? Late this year or early next year Thom?
  • Thom
    edited November 2007
    Not this year. Early next year? Hope so. :D

I'm not sure if there's a release date yet, but we'll let you know when they're close.
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2007
    Whats the hold up on the new DB subs? Man these things was supposed to be out by now.
  • surefire
    edited November 2007
    Not this year. Early next year? Hope so. :D

I'm not sure if there's a release date yet, but we'll let you know when they're close.

Cheers, hope the new amps catch on quick.
  • Thom
    edited November 2007
    cam5860 wrote: »
    Whats the hold up on the new DB subs? Man these things was supposed to be out by now.

I think those are right around the corner. We've actually got some in cars, so they exist. Just not in the warehouse quite yet... :D
  • Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited November 2007
    I think those are right around the corner. We've actually got some in cars, so they exist. Just not in the warehouse quite yet... :D

whats the diff between the old and the new? :)